Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

learning to do jumps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Going to Les Arcs in Feb and read lots about a half decent terrain park with good jumps and a Big Air (air-bag)-would like to do some good jups this time instead of just one;s about 20cm high

Would you recommend hiring a tutor for a few hours to learn how to jump. Also, anyone done the BigAir in les Arcs - could anyone jump it (ie go fast and land on the airbag) or do you have to know how to land?
cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Air bags are fun Jon Ford, but this is more fun in Les Arcs

http://youtube.com/v/607RaOj1w2I

The airbag is not to difficult, your best bet is just to talk to everyone who is jumping they will help out for free

http://youtube.com/v/C-ih29WX_Rw
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jon Ford, I was playing on the airbag at Zermatt earlier this year, and I'm sure they're all pretty similar. Easy and fun - you don't have to know how to land, that is what they're for - you can get a really good feel for being in the air/balance etc, without worrying about getting it wrong Smile Generally first few times it seems most of us tended to have weight way too far back, or wuss out and hit the jump too slow - so keep your weight forward and speed up.....more than that I cannot say Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks Leedssteve. Sounds fun - glad to hear its not just for experts. Always want to go high, but bottle it as I get to the jump. May take me a few attempts to speed up.
Livetoski - I've seen the waterski there, but someone on here told me its only open towards the end of the season when the ice on the top of it melts - Im going 4th Feb so prob wont be open - shame as it would be a good laugh (although Iw ould have to lose the ski clothes before hand as no doubt i would fall in!)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jon Ford, i would definitely hire a coach for a couple of hours if you get the chance you will get so much out of it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jon Ford wrote:
Hi
Going to Les Arcs in Feb and read lots about a half decent terrain park with good jumps and a Big Air (air-bag)-would like to do some good jups this time instead of just one;s about 20cm high

Would you recommend hiring a tutor for a few hours to learn how to jump. Also, anyone done the BigAir in les Arcs - could anyone jump it (ie go fast and land on the airbag) or do you have to know how to land?
cheers

Les Arcs in Feb? Then I would recommend taking lessons - it could be the only way you can get to use the airbag, given schools holidays & all.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im going 5th feb 2weeks before UK school hols (not sure when french ones are on)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why not go to Hemel Hempstead snow dome on Friday afternoons when they have jumps and rails set up. They sometimes have an airbag too. I assume you could book some instruction: does anyone know about that? They usually open one of the jumps in the morning too, and I had a go then just doing ordinary no-frills jumps, just on my own when I was doing ordinary skiing on a Friday - not knowing there would be all that clutter on the slope.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jon Ford, snowball, Hemel have had one jump on most days over the summer during the week as well, not a very big one tho, but good for practise

http://youtube.com/v/amRYM0yp7II
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy