Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Talk to me about ST Anton.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've rarely had problems with crowds, in the late 90's there used to be issues at Zammemoosbahn lift, and very occasionally at Schindlerbahn, and then only at peak times like New Year, Half Term etc. I have been skiing in Arlberg 25+ weeks and IME so long as you get out early, ie 9.15am latest on first lift you'll keep ahead of the crowd and there'll not be an issue. If you are catching first lifts up at 10am there's bound to be crowded pistes to follow the jam points at places like Nassereinbahn.

St Anton has the best lift system I have been on, much slicker that other major resorts like 4 Valees, Espace Killy, PDS etc, and access to the best pistes I've skied on too, yes "blue valley" Steissbachtal and the main drag down into St Anton past Sennhutte/ Mooserwirt etccan get a bit giddy at 4pm, but you just keep your wits about you and ski at the edge if concerned or bezz down (using your rear view mirrors!) like everyone else if more confident. The same busy route home is true for say the run down Solaise, or La Daille in Val D'Isere etc, its just the volume of people funnelling down the main route home, and I think its pretty impossible the criticise a resort for that. To get around the issue you stay over at Stuben, Zurs or Rendl for last runs and come home later.

Just one other point - because St Anton/ Arlberg is generally seen as a "difficult" resort the quality of skiing does seem higher than most of the other resorts I've skied in. Most of the ski schools are teaching improving skiers rather than newbies, so there are fewer large groups blocking runs at key pinch points and the traffic does move well. Theres also so much off piste to go at that the pistes are pretty quiet outside main Galzig area by late morning onwards. Rendl run home can get a bit mad at 4pm when all the park riders are on last dash back to work, but these guys are experts and keep well to the edge, and how they never appear to put in a turn amazes me!!

Top place.........only 10 weeks to wait now!! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Forgot to mention the tobogganing down the Rodelbahn - "bucket list" evening, its got to be done!! Loads of "refreshments" at Rodelhutte, then whizz down the toboggan run under floodlights, still laughing now thinking about it, what a craic!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Samerberg Sue, Markymark29, well in that case it must be time for another visit. Let me see what am I doing in January? Skiing in St. Anton then ! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the continued advice-feel like I've almost been there! Tobogganing sounds awesome will have to look into that.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The toboggan run was closed the whole week in February when I was there Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, Grizwald, Needs heavy snow cover (its deep in the trees so it can be quite sheltered), was open all the way down in January from Gampen to Rodelhutte and then also down to town 550m drop, its best just after a heavy dump of snow. Its the service road to Gampen in summer, cycled up it to Galzig 4 weeks ago and its really steep, they put a piste basher up it to compact the snow in winter. The tightest bends have 2m high wooden barriers to stop you careering down through the trees! Always good to get 1/2 way down, have a Jager-bomb or 2 at the Rodelhutte and then blast down the second half, always best laugh with 2 on the sledge and a few other sledges, a bit of competition no bad thing................just wouldnt be allowed in UK would it?!! Brilliant. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Love the tobogganing! Went with every intention of having a race, 1st one down wins BUT had to stop at the Rodelhutte and down a large beer. Only problem was some missed the turn (shot past), others thought they'd missed it so started walking back up (even tho it was still some way down) and those of us that made it to the bar got comfortable and had more than one!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy