Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Rosset, Tignes - or other suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I am currently trying to organise a trip for 6 of us leaving Sunday February 5th 2012. Obviously the Sunday limits our choices as far as catered chalets goes and in my searches I have come across Chalet Rosset in Tignes, which seems to be the closest that I can find to guaranteed snow, ski in/out and nightlife options (if required) within our sub £750 budget. Sadly, austerity measures and the desire to do more than one trip means that 3 Valleys and Val have been poo-pooed by some of the group.

Have any of you stayed at this Chalethotel? If so, please can you let me know your thoughts as tripadvisor is limited to only a few comments.

Alternatively, if anyone has any particular recommendations accomodation/resort-wise for a group of late 20s professional guys then please let me know.

Thanks for any help,

Chris
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris
I have stayed there about 7 or 8 times but the last time was 6 seasons ago (bought my own pad just round the corner). It is a purpose built chalet hotel - rooms are adeqaute size and the hot water never ran out. If you want a stunning view of the Grand Motte pay for a balcony room at the front - this has the added benefit of avoiding the rooms at the back which overlook the primary school which gets noisy at 0730 as the kids get dropped off! Ski Olympic had a good reputation when I stopped with them - but as with any chalet company they are only as good as the crew that are working the week you are in. It is not quite ski in/out (200m at worst) but is close to the night life in Le Lac - but far enough not to be bothered by it. Don't worry about the Church Bells - they stop at 2100. As for the resort you have chosen the right one (but then I would be biased). There are other operators that do Sunday in Tignes (Mark Warner and Snowstar.co.uk - the latter is likely to be nearer your budget limit).

Any more questions about Tignes - ask away
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes its a nice chalet, the rooms at the back of the chalet are really small so the front rooms is where you need to be. the food was good, the bar is nice huge log fire ideal for the evenings if you dont want to go out. we went with ski olmpic and they were great but that was 3 years ago so may not be the same crew there now . all in all it was fine you could do a lot worse .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
like above I've stopped in Rosset a few times but last must be about 6/7 seasons ago so can't comment on what it's like now but it was always a good well run chalet and a nice rooms etc
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi all,

Thanks for your help. I think I will be booking this up today.

Now to plan the sneaky Christmas getaway.

Chris
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We had a good time with the Tignes Chalet Company last year, they have a few chalets. Kind of ski in-out as long as you have a broad definition of the term (a couple of mins walk to piste/lift but quite managable in ski boots).

Previous TR: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1730671&highlight=#1730671
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy