Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Les Arcs 2011 / 2012

Poster: A snowHead
snowcrazy, Grrrrrr Sad Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What a difference a day makes!!! Evil or Very Mad

Today we went over to La Plagne via Les Coches by car to try the powder on the other side of the Paradiski after the fun I had yesterday in Les Arcs. Toofy Grin

Unfortunately the wind had picked up and was gusting at 60km/h plus at times so the Bellecote Glacier Gondola and chairs were closed. They also closed the Crozats chair just as we arrived due to avalanche risk so that was another off piste area that we could not access. Crying or Very sad

Not deterred we went up to the Roche de Mio and then down Inversens and the hidden valley where we were able to find some soft untracked snow. The gully at the exit proved interesting today as well. Toofy Grin

Then over to Champagny by another less tracked route before heading back to Bellecote La Plagne via the Roche de Mio once more and the off piste area into Belle Plagne before having a late lunch. Very Happy

When we set off again the snow had become very soft everywhere and although it is quite fun pushing the slush about, it is hard work and off piste was just to soft and sticky to be worth risking. Sad

After a leisurely route back to Les Coches, we headed for home about 5pm. Smile

The snow conditions in La Plagne were very different to yesterday in Les Arcs. It was 20 degrees by lunch time and many slopes were starting to slide. The wind was very strong high on the glacier and the light came and went as the clouds passed overhead. The pistes were all in good condition, but became very slushy later in the day. Crying or Very sad I have been told by those in Les Arcs today, the conditions were very similar there as well.

Overall it was a good day, but with the change in temperature, the snow is going off fast, creating typical spring conditions. We will have to catch it just right to have more fun over the next couple of days. Tomorrow the weather will become even warmer and I shall be back in Les Arcs for the last couple of days of the season.

I think the spring has really arrived just as the season comes to an end! Smile

Photos from today have been posted in the April 2012 Album Two of my Les Arcs Winter facebook page. Enjoy!

The local major peaks looking from the Roche de Mio towards Les Arcs. April 26

Time for a little gully before lunch! April 26

Putting down our own lines! April 26
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The season has nearly ended, but what a nice way to finish my last day with friends that are leaving. Very Happy

We headed straight up to the Arc 2000 bowl and to the top of the Aiguille Rouge. It was not open at once so we made a few runs down from the top of the Varet and timed it just right to return to the Aiguille Rouge cablecar just after it had opened. Smile

From the top we were able to make fresh tracks down the soft (almost powder) snow on the Glacier. Then the next time over to the small North Face and down the whole way into Arc 2000. The snow at the top was once again very good and only became heavy near the bottom. Toofy Grin

Back up again, but this time whilst waiting in the cablecar they told us it was closing due to high winds. Down from the Varet instead and a Pizza Lunch at the Bulle. Then over to the Lanchettes only to find this also closing. By now the Grand Col, Aiguille Rouge and Lanchettes lifts were closed. Time for some fun. Twisted Evil

Up to the top of the Arcabulle and time for sledging. I have to admit it was fun!! The adults won!! Then over to the Bordercross for a rematch. Shame to say the adults one this as well! Skullie

Finally time to say our good byes and then back up and down to Arc 1600 off piste from the top of the Transarc (no way am I going down on the bus). Madeye-Smiley

The off piste although soft was still ok all the way to the Cachette and Belvedere pistes which were still well covered in snow ( I wonder why they are all closed, it is not because of lack of snow or avalanche risk that is for sure?). Sad

Tomorrow is the last day the lifts are open. Might try a trip over to the Bellecote or off the back of the AR.Will just have to wait and see what the weather does.

If you would like to see what we were doing today, take a look at the photos of the April 2012 Album Two at the end of the album on my Les Arcs Winter facebook page. Enjoy!

Still good soft snow to turn in! April 27

Looks like the kids will not win this one! April 27

The Cachette piste just for us!!! (closed, why??) April 27
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My final post for the season unless I hear of anything worth sharing about Les Arcs between now and next winter!! I hope you all have a good summer. It was great to ski and Snowboard with so many friends, new and old and I hope to see many of you again next winter on the slopes.

Last day of the season for Les Arcs (paradiski), what a season it has been. Great snow most of the time and the chance to do routes that have not been possible for a while in both Les Arcs and La Plagne. Very Happy

Today, I met up with friends this morning with the plan that we would go up to Les Arcs for one last ski. However, with only three lifts running first thing and high winds plus the 40min journey to get to the slopes it was decided to call it a day. So it was a goodbye to the slopes of Les Arcs from the Funi car park and out with the bikes. Evil or Very Mad

Not deterred Twisted Evil , I went and fetched the car and headed up to Les Coches where most of the lifts were still running and managed to ski right across to Plagne Centre, Plagne 1800 and almost down to Montalbert before heading back via La Roche and Champagny to the Roche de Mio and over the back before going back up to the top of Les Coches and finally back to the car though the forest then home. Smile

The extra surprise I heard today was that in fact I could even ski tomorrow in La Plagne if I wish as they are not closing their lifts until the end of Sunday due to the snow this season. Maybe if the weather is good I shall have one last day tomorrow!! Toofy Grin

Les Arcs from across the valley. So much snow still on the slopes and the ski area finally closes today. April 28

An excellent season comes to an end. It was great to ski with so many friends, new and old. I hope to see many of you again next season. April 28
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowcrazy, Thanks for updates all season, love reading them. Stay safe till next year, enjoy your Summer and see you in Les Arcs next year. Cheers Cool Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowcrazy, thanks for the thread really enjoyed it and really useful for my first trip to Les Arcs, won't be my last
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowcrazy, Shame you couldn't do Les Arcs closing day today, nice to know you can still ski in La Plagne for the last day tomorrow Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowcrazy, Thanks for all your updates. Great skiing with you. Have a great summer. See you next season. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowcrazy, Thank you for all your updates & amazing photos Very Happy I hope you manage to get your shoulder sorted out & I look forward to seeing you next season snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowcrazy, brilliant updates thank you!! Maybe you'll get into tweeting next season wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowcrazy, thanks for the thread, and for the skiing. Mini and Mrs Roll thoroughly enjoyed themselves (come to think of it, as did I Madeye-Smiley )

We're unlikely to be out in the summer, and I know you'll most likely be away, so...see you next year.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Middle of May and the Powder Alarm emails keep coming!!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowing in 1950 today...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just noticed via a Facebook link that there is huge work going on in Plagne Centre this Summer (getting rid of a few of the many flat spots and slow lifts in La Plagne Toofy Grin ). Any lift work etc going on in Les Arcs?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller, Do keep up Toofy Grin
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2057092
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Do read Toofy Grin As I said in my post, via Facebook I am aware of the ongoing project in Plagne centre. My question was is there any work going on this year re lifts etc.. in Les Arcs?
snow report
thefatcontroller,dunno wink Is there not a perso arcs site?
snow report
This website seems to have a pretty complete picture of new lift building, and has the new La Plagne lift, but nothing for Les Arcs for next year
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy