Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Les Arcs 2011 / 2012

Poster: A snowHead
ringingmaster, if you can ski the bumps below Arcubelle lift then you will be fine.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ringingmaster Where is the 'Parchey(Black)' piste? Thought I pretty well new all of them in LA..... reminds me of a story.

We were on the Parchey lift after having a coffee in La Vache, about 10M from the top it stopped. Not knowing the time I joked to my companion that it was 12:15 and the lift shut for an hour at 12:15 so we had an hour wait.... bad luck. She said, 'That's a problem... I should have gone at La Vache'. ' Jokingly I said words to the effect don't be so fkn silly.

Well, they had 'shut the lift' and it was actually 12:20, eventually (we could see) the liftie phoned down (gestures and pointing) and a couple of minutes later they 'edged ' the lift up so we could get off.

Close call...

DaveB wrote:
ringingmaster, if you can ski the bumps below Arcubelle lift then you will be fine.

Not like the bumps at the bottom of Bois de Lours - you could hide cars in them - although that actually made them easier I suppose...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
allanm wrote:
ringingmaster Where is the 'Parchey(Black)' piste? Thought I pretty well new all of them in LA......

The short black directly under the Parchey lift - it now sports a pleasant crop of spring bulbs and vegetation. The Parchey lift is now very isolated - As far as I can see, there is not a single piste that will allow you to ski down to it.

Will keep away from it at lunch then!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ringingmaster wrote:
allanm wrote:
ringingmaster Where is the 'Parchey(Black)' piste? Thought I pretty well new all of them in LA......

The short black directly under the Parchey lift

Neeeh No such piste it's a continuation of squirrels.

La Vache is a great stop, BTW, either for coffee, lunch or evening meal.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
allanm wrote:
ringingmaster wrote:
allanm wrote:

The short black directly under the Parchey lift

Neeeh No such piste it's a continuation of squirrels.

La Vache is a great stop, BTW, either for coffee, lunch or evening meal.

Ah - just re-read the piste map, and I am confusing the lift and piste labels.

Just discussing tonight if we should have our Friday night last meal out at La Vache or Chez Felix - have not been to either, other than for coffee. We had just decided on Chez Felix, because it was slightly easier to get to. Should we reconsider I wonder??
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ringingmaster, we were out last week and each of the last 4 days we skiied Malgovert, it's brilliant. The last 3 days we also preceded it with a trip down Comborciere. If you ski it around 2pm or later the softer snow really helps
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ringingmaster, Chez Felix is indeed easy to get to - well, it is from us, but where are you staying? Personally, I think La Vache is worth the walk wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
la Vache is a different experience to Chez Felix..... IMHO

As genepi says, well worth the walk.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Today we went up to Val d'Isere to use up some of our free days in other resorts. To read what we did, take a look at the Val d'Isere thread.

Not much fresh snow up that way either today so I think most areas have very similar conditions. Tomorrow weather permitting we are off to Three valleys.

For anyone with the Paradiski Area pass, it is well worth the effort to visit the other ski areas that are free with your pass. You can hire a car from SuperU in Bourg quite easily. Just go to the 'Customer Service' desk inside and ask for the details. You can also reserve a car by phone or online. Have fun! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
genepi wrote:
ringingmaster, Chez Felix is indeed easy to get to - well, it is from us, but where are you staying? Personally, I think La Vache is worth the walk wink

allanm wrote:

la Vache is a different experience to Chez Felix..... IMHO

As genepi says, well worth the walk.

La Vache it is then. Happy

Staying at L'Orée des Neiges. Dont mind the walk, but kids always knackered in evenings.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ringingmaster, Ah, I past that on my walks over to 1800 - it looks lovely Very Happy Quite a hike to La Vache from there, but it gives the genepi ice cream & chocolate brownies a chance to settle wink I don't know how old your kids are, but they do half portions if you ask
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boris wrote:
genepi, Funny as in what way???? I don't know where Bellcote is and I can't find a map online with it marked? I never remember the run names, just go up and down!

As for the walking comment, this was last Easter and this was one of the better runs! Spent a lot of time skis off walking between patches of snow.

Anyway week today will be on way and looking forward to it

Safe trip and from afar it looks like you dinfintley won't be walking on grass this year.

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A flash mob in action in Arc 1950.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpwol7_flash-mob_travel?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Today it was a real mixed bag with some awful conditions in the clouds/hail/rain/snow and then some amazing stuff when it lifted. Aiguille Rouge was fantastic in the brief period of sun as there was a few inches of lovely fluffy stuff.

Malgovert in the afternoon was a horror story though, the snow was so draggy we could not make it up the other side after the first bumps. Here's Holly in the middle making the best of it

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hello snowheads,

Codger jr. back, again. So I've been out since Saturday, I've been neglecting you all of my snow reports. I doubt that you are upset though! 
So today I will post Tuesday, Wednesday and today because Tuesday was almost the same as the other two days...

So anyway Tuesday we went over to la plagne with snowcrazy. The pistes down to peisey are still in good condition, and not like last year. Once we had crossed the valley we started off with a small gulley off the side of the piste, let's say that it woke all of us up because of the snow conditions. Very hard snow, which was icy and made those delightful scraping sounds, like it is every morning first thing. Snowcrazy, father and I then did the waterfall gulley, we so should have waited longer for the snow to soften. Then we went to the champagny gulley, that was nice snow which wasn't really hard. We had a group of esf people join us, let's say that I wasn't the kindest to them. We then went to my favourite pasta restaurant, le roc de blanchetts. Best pesto pasta on the mountain! Wink then we went up to the glacier and did a run off the back before mother, father and I split off so that we could catch the bus to go to bourg. 

In bourg we collected a car... And that is how we have managed to go to val d'isere and val thorens, yesterday and today. Yes, we did go to folie douce in val d'isere and we passed it today in val thorens... (mother and I were raving on the chairlift much to our companions' dismay) 

As this is a snow report for les arcs... The snow is like spring snow, although I think most of you could work that out. It is hard and icy in the morning, softens around 11 before becoming slush at about 2... There was a very light dusting of snow on the trees in les arcs this morning though, it's all gone now... Sad

Well, I hope that you have enjoyed this report and I will report again soon Smile

Codger Jr. 
ski holidays
Odd day today - Rained overnight at Vallandry village level, with about 5cm fresh above about 2000M. Blasting going on for the first hour. Mist and damp on Vallandry side in the morning - got a wet backside on first lift out!!! Went over to 2000 side and has some very pleasant runs mostly in sunshine, although the cloud / fog was never far away.

Late picking the kids up from ski school in Vallandry as the piste patrol were laying charges and were stopping traffic over Grand Renard for 15mins or so. After getting the kids and a spot of lunch, headed up to Aiguille Rouge - got hailed on in the fog as we steped out of Transarc, but when we got there, the Aiguille Rouge cable car lift queue was empty!!! The snow fantastic & light - looked like 10-15cms up there. Though, with the black closed off at the top, there was a lot of traffic on the red. When it opened out, headed on some of the easy off-piste in bright sunshine, and found quite a bit of fresh. Had one of the best afternoons skiing I have ever had with kids in tow. Almost missed the last lift back over to the Vallandry side. Embarassed The snow on the Vallandry side was very heavy and claggy.

2 more days before heading home.
latest report
For those fancing a last minute visit for the last week of the season, another flash sale.

Quote:
This is our last flash sale of the winter, enjoy it!

Hello,

From Sat. 7th April to Wed. 11th April 2012, enjoy a discount of 20% on your Les Arcs / Peisey-Vallandry and Paradiski 6 days ski passes purchases, with a first date of validity starting on Sun. 15th April 2012.

-20% Flash Sale

Quantities 6 days Adult Savings
6 days Children or Senior
Savings
Paradiski Illimité
100 206,50€ 50,50€
154,50€
38,50€
Paradiski Découverte
100 192,50€ 48,00€ 144,50€ 36,00€
Les Arcs / Peisey-Vallandry 100 174,00€ 43,00€ 130,00€ 32,50€

To access to the flash sales, click on the links below or copy it in your Internet browser:
http://lesarcs.paradiski.com or http://peisey-vallandry.paradiski.com

The Flash Sales opens at 7:00 on Sat. 7th April. Attention, available quantities are limited (100 ski passes per domain)!

For any question or information, feel free to contact us by phone at +334 79 04 25 03 or by email at contact@ski-lesarcs.com (if you directly answer to this email you will not have an answer because it is sent automaticaly!)
ski holidays
Left Arc 1800 this morning after a good week. Over the week spent some time in all the main spots in Les Arcs, including a run down to Villaroger which we weren't expecting to be able to do, and a really good day over in La Plagne yesterday (couldn't quite face the glacier after last year's disaster Toofy Grin ). On the whole, very few bare patches/closed runs. Some rain over Wednesday & Thursday made it extra slushy. Great area with good variety Very Happy

Boris made sure we cleared Super U early to avoid any embarassing snowHead encounters for you. Have a good week Very Happy
latest report
Yesterday (Friday), was a trip over to the Omelette restaurant in Mont Albert using mainly pistes. A large group of 23 had a nice ski all the way to Mont Albert including a little off piste from the Verdons piste across and down the Indian gully into Plagne Centre before a great lunch and then an easy ski home with just a little play on one of the steeper sections back in Les Arcs for those wanting a challenge before a final drink in George's Wine Bar in Arc 1950 and then home. A total of approx 80kms. Toofy Grin

Today (Saturday) as it was changeover day so we headed out in the morning on very empty pistes. As the vis was quiet bad at times we decided to put off our trip to the Bellecote until the weather improves. Sad

Instead we went on a little tour over to Champagny via Bellecote La Plagne and a little off piste run down from the top of the ridge left of the Verdon Sud Chair on spring snow although becoming rather hard to turn on at times. Very Happy

After a few more pistes we had lunch then started to head for home. On the way we went through the tunnel from the Roche du Mio to Bellecote La Plagne and then the waterfall off piste gully down towards Les Coches which has now had a small slide. Despite the slide the snow in the gully was in better condition than other places we skied today and we had a good trip all the way to the forest and back onto the piste.

Finally over to the Altiport above Arc 1600 for a drink before home. Despite the snow that was falling outside some people were still trying the waterslide as I guess it was their last day (very cold) Twisted Evil .

The pistes all across Les Arcs and La Plagne today were in good condition for this time of year. Hard packed in the morning and becoming softer and slushy by the afternoon. If you check the aspect of the slopes you can still find good snow both 'on and off piste' throughout the day. More snow is falling this evening so it should be a good day tomorrow if the vis improves. We shall see!
ski holidays
Happy Easter to everyone in Les Arcs and its looks like you have been given some nice fresh snow to celebrate Easter on Cool
ski holidays
Indeed we have - I'd say between 3-4inches on the higher pistes today, which made for a lovely first morning, although with obvious challenge to visibility. Looking brighter now so about to head out for the afternoon.

Have to admit to being a bit worried last night as it was peeing down around 6, but gradually turned to sleet and then snow.

This time last year had a long and muddy walk to get to Arpette lift - today was a lovely slide on the snow
snow conditions
Yes, some nice fresh snow today, and tomorrow should be sunny (in the morning at least). Very Happy
snow conditions
Ray Zorro, Boris, Cool
snow report
Had a lazy start today and did not go up till midday as the vis in the morning was quite bad and I needed to rest my shoulder.

Went up and did a few easy runs down the Mont Blanc piste with a friend so that he could test his new skis then headed over to Peisey Vallandry and a little more tree skiing before finally going over to the Arc 2000 bowl and down to the Chalet de l'Arc for the Nikki Mountain party.

Meet up with a number of those that have just arrived and looked at all the untracked powder on the Aiguille Rouge just waiting for us to track it out tomorrow morning (the lift to the top was closed today).

Finally skied down to George's Wine bar in Arc 1950 picking up a Kebab on the way, then a beer and home. An easy fun day and just what was needed before another powder day tomorrow.

For those coming out there was about 10cm of fresh snow in the last 12 hrs at the top of the Transarc lifts and I would guess more at the top of the Aiguille Rouge which was closed today. The Grand Col looked in good condition late in the day when the sun finally started to break through. The pistes have been freshened up nicely, but are still sticky by the late afternoon and turning to slush in places.

Tomorrow should be a good powder day as log as the wind drops a little.
ski holidays
This morning was just fantastic, we all played in Arc bowl before lunch in 2000. Went most of the way to Villarodger in afternon before working way back to vallandry. Last run down was slushtastic! Kids dashed off skiing, we watched from balcony with wine Cool

Clouds building up and more snow forecast snowHead
snow report
Yesterday the powder was back again! If you stayed high you vould find good untracked powder all morning and well into the afternoon. Take a look at the photos in the April 2012 Ablum on my Les Arcs Winter facebook page.

ski holidays
Due to poor weather conditions the nutter on his mountian bike only managed to achieve 201kph this morning on the 'Flying K' in Arc 2000. Still 201kph on a bike Skullie Shocked
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, saw him signing photos yesterday and thought - NUTTER

Very hot here today, very slushy by about midday on. Temperatures dropped now and has been snowing down in Vallandry, hoping for some more overnight
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150643123261759&set=a.461792976758.248261.32244856758&type=1&theater

Photo of "the nutter".

PS. RIP Cait, 15/4/07
Don't think a previous death in the location should stop people doing such things, but I would like their spirit to be remembered. Probably not before he started off though - that would not make for a good frame of mind.
ski holidays
Arctic Roll, apologies if the nutter comment was taken to be disrespectful - it wasnt meant to be as I admire people who do this sort of thing and the world would be a poorer place without risk taking.

Anyway I'd say about 4" fresh fallen in Vallandry, should be a fun day skiing
latest report
Boris, no offence taken - and apologies right back at you! it's just that the KL has been closed since Cait's death ("when she died, the sport died with her" to quote Jean-Paul, owner-operator of the Saveur de Cimes in 1950 and 2000) and there may be some who are unaware of the reason.
It seemed a little strange to open it again for such a bizarre record attempt (and fwiw, I agree, while doing it on skis is mad, doing it on a bike is off the scale...) - but maybe it is part of its rehabilitation, taking baby steps back into the world. It would be good if it could be resurrected, although I doubt it will happen unless there is some serious terra-forming along the access route.

Meanwhile, you are a lucky boy - there seems to be a lot of white stuff and yet few people around. NehNeh
latest report
Boris, Arctic Roll, +1.

Boris, [insertbigbloodyjealoussmileyhere/] Looks an amazing day for the 10th of April Shocked out there.
snow conditions
At home the Wisteria had an early start in mid-March, the bluebells are over, but here in Vallandry / Les Arcs it's a brilliant ski week. 2 fresh feet of snow on Tuesday night, so powder everywhere yesterday - on-piste first thing as there don't seem to be too many people about. We spent the day making fresh tracks above la Plagne. It got a bit sticky in the afternoon in places but better than rocks and mud! And there's more snow to come. Who says mid-April is too late for a ski-break? Very Happy
ski holidays
Powder Days!! Yesterday was another one of those special powder days. There was a lot more than expected. Officially they say it was 15cm, but under the Varet gondola and on the Grand Col it must have been at least 20cm. It was up to my knees and some of the kids were nearly up to the waist at times. The pistes and Off piste were almost the same. Great fun was had by all. Twisted Evil

Skied all day from first lift to last and finished at George's Wine bar at 5.30pm. What a day. The photos say it all. We covered most of the Arc 1600 side before the higher lifts opened and then went over to the Arc 2000 area and did the same there. Toofy Grin

Today promises to be more of the same. Very Happy
snow report
Up on the first lift again today and went on another powder hunt. The snow today was not as light and fluffy as yesterday, but it was still good. In the morning the light was quite bad so we skied around the Malgovert Forest area first looking for jumps and having fun. Then we took a look at the Arc 2000 bowl and decided to head to the Peisey Vallandry side for a bit more tree skiing as the vis was still poor and then it was time for lunch. Very Happy

After lunch the snow had become wet and sticky lower down so we went over to the top of the Grand Col and found more untracked powder and better soft snow. The vis had improved and we were able to make a few nice lines down more untracked powder before heading to the Avalanche Park for a bit of training with the pisteurs (the kids beat the parents at finding the buried beepers). A final ski down at 5pm and much to my surprise we were able to find another untracked section to put a few lines in more fresh snow before a well earned drink at George's Wine Bar in Arc 1950 then home. Toofy Grin

Sounds like more fresh tracks tomorrow!! Snowing up on the mountain right now. Twisted Evil

Take a look at the pics to see the fun we have been having in all the fresh powder in the April 2012 Album of my Les Arcs Winter facebook page.
ski holidays
Yesterday 18 of us had a ski over to the Omelette restaurant in Mont Albert. The vis was quite bad most of the day, but the pistes were ok in the morning and slushy in some places on the way back after lunch. Toofy Grin

The kids gully was fun and everyone said it was worth the effort on a bad weather day despite the conditions. I hope all those going home today have a good journey. The roads up to resort are ok and you do not need chains today although it is snowing again right now at resort level and above.

Today, despite the bad weather, with 10cm of fresh snow at 1800m it should be a good powder day in the trees. Right now it is misty, wet and overcast start to the day again. The clouds and mist are covering everything and the vis is very poor. It is raining lower down, but snowing higher on the mountain. It should be another powder day. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
snowcrazy, It's Forperet !!!!!!!!! Montalbert !!

http://www.forperet.com/index.php?curr_lang=uk&curr_page=acc.php

latest report
Boredsurfing, Laughing Laughing Laughing I saw that coming Laughing
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, that looks lovely. I enjoyed reading their menu too. Have you been giving them English lessons? wink
snow report
Good to see conditions are good out there!!

Does anyone have or know anyone with an apartment available (for two) Wednesday 27th May for 4 nights?... House hunting trip.

Al'
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy