Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2011/12 snowreport

Poster: A snowHead
Can this thread be locked now please ? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BergenBergen, Not finished yet, It's not over till you fall out of Chez Flo on Sunday. Snow just keeps comin.
Just hope the journo's will be slower to knock Europe next December.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DallyPaul, But, you know, they won't Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
davejsy, We took car over on Condor it was painless & of course you can take loads of gear with you. Drive was just over 9 hours although that was gunning it. Would def do it that way again.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marmotte16, Have you done a Jekell and Hyde?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep Chez Flo on Sunday is the big finale and end of school bell for me! Two more days teaching then party! Then wheel out the bikes and hope the snow disappears smartish!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DJL, yep Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

End of the season this weekend, see you there! Just to remind you.. here is what it looked like on finishing weekend last year Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FreeBeer, you nearly made me feel better, before I read 'last year' wink

Enjoy Going green
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads

A pic from Sunday. Awesome snow conditions with loads of fresh powder and empty slopes; freshies all day every day. Real shame they have had to pull the plug. Great end to the season snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just a question from one who doesn't know - why do they "pull the plug"? Just a lack of demand?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, lack of demand; there is normally far more snow at the end of April than there is at the beginning of December when ironically resorts are desperate to open early. The other factor in Avoriaz this year is that work on the new lift from Prodain (and later Morzine...) to replace the old cablecar has already started despite the winter conditions. They had already shut the Crot piste and were busy digging a huge hole at the top for the top station, while the concrete base for one of the pylons down near the Prodain car park has already been laid. A good excuse to take some alternative routes down:

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Seems silly that the close the lifts when there is still tons of good snow up high, understand the lower slopes are pretty much done but why not keep the links open if there is good snow?
More money for everyone and more skiing. Looking at the PDS cams it looks great, just as good as end of Jan.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marskey, Not sure how much more money the lift company would be making as lots of those who would now be skiing are on their season passes. And they have to have some 'end date' for the contracts of all those concerned. There are a huge number of bods involved - I think that in Les Gets something like 65 are employed on the Mt Chery side alone. But agree with you that its a shame that its all closed now - and we are back in the UK in all the rain.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marskey, Not sure how much more money the lift company would be making as lots of those who would now be skiing are on their season passes. And they have to have some 'end date' for the contracts of all those concerned. There are a huge number of bods involved - I think that in Les Gets something like 65 are employed on the Mt Chery side alone. But agree with you that its a shame that its all closed now - and we are back in the UK in all the rain.
snow report
The lifts need an end date to start their new jobs/ go on holiday and there is very little interest in skiing at this time of year I was there 2 weekends ago and the amount of Saturday skiers was tiny ...everyone is skied out by now and I know all my mates in Morzine can't wait for it all to disappear Asap so they can get their bikes out!
latest report
torico wrote:
The lifts need an end date to start their new jobs/ go on holiday and there is very little interest in skiing at this time of year I was there 2 weekends ago

Oh yeah I'm so bored of skiing by this time of year.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad rolling eyes wink
snow report
A VTT fan of mine at work has started counting down to his next trip to Morzine in 7 weeks. I did say that he might have to check the snow forecast first Toofy Grin
ski holidays
So much snow fell in the last three days that I have had to skin up to feed a friends cat that has gone on holiday. This is at about 1400 meters...I am normally pedaling my bike up there at this time of the season! Fearful that biking will be put on hold for a week or two minimum. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy