Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers from Venice Marco Polo to Sella Ronda (San Cassiano) - Help!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all.

Planning a group trip for a group of 8, and we are flying into Marco Polo and maybe some to Treviso (Innsbruck is already tooo expensive - Unless someone can suggest a way to get return flights for like £100ish on a Saturday) Puzzled

Who can we book ski transfers with. The quotes i have had so far are ludicrous (£650) Shocked

Help....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a transfer bus organized by some of the hotels. Ithink there is only one time of day each way (and only at weekends). No doubt someone will be along soon with more details.
Otherwise public transport complicated and badly co-ordinated (long waits between trains and buses).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look at the Dolomitistars transfer bus service - normally runs twice daily from Marco Polo, picks up at Treviso as well.
However I do not think it goes to San Cassiano directly, but it certainly gets you close.
See here we used it last year on the snowHeads birthday bash.

EDIT - have now remembered that this service is only available if you have booked in one of the associated hotels.
You could try asking Mountainsun people (see here) if they have any suggestions as they operate in San Cassiano?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SteveM, Cheers for the link to Dolomiti Stars. it gives an indications that at least there are reasonable transfer prices available....

Still looking though...

Any thoughts snowHead s
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We might be able to help - we have transfers going to San Cassiano from Venice (and can pick up Treviso) every Sunday. It would be probably a shared transfer though. If you've had a quote for £650 for a group of 8 on private transfer that amounts to just over £40 per person each way - which isn't bad! If you contact Jude at mail@mountainsunltd.com she'll be able to advice if we can help and how much we can do it for. Hope you find something suitable.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Minibus?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't know whether you've come across this organisation, flyskishuttle. Just came across the link and maybe they offer what you want. The price is €30 return, but I have no idea how good or reliable the service is (though, as it seems to be supported by the local tourist authorities - if you can trust the web site, hopefully there is substance in it).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
espri, all those Valley names ... so which Valley is Arabba in ... I've not heard of any of them?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowball, I think Arabba is in the Livinallongo valley - but I don't think any of those shuttles go to Arabba.

Not too far from the Val Di Fassa (by ski Toofy Grin ).
But more seriously, and a bit of a faff, you could get to the top of Val Di Fassa by the shuttle and then take a taxi-bus to Arabba.

Presumably you've looked at the Arabba website here and then contacted the tourist office (see email link at foot of page) to see what they suggest?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think SteveM is right. Looking at the map at the top of the flyskishuttle web site I think Arabba is in the "hole" in the middle that the buses don't go to (and I'm not sure how easy it is to drive from the Val di Fassa to Arabba in winter; I suspect you would have to go through Corvara). I guess the bus + taxi route would end up quite expensive. As Steve says Arabba is in the Livinallongo valley, called Fodom in the local Ladin language.

Edit: Not trusting my geography, I investigated a little further and discovered, to my surprise, that the Passo Pordoi between the Val di Fassa and Arabba, with its 60 hairpins, is open (generally) in winter, so the direct route to Arabba is possible.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This company also do shuttle transfers from Venice to San Cassiano on Satudays and Sundays:

http://www.cortinaexpress.it/en/index.htm
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
quadwould, I was out in San Cassiano with my family and another family last February. The Cortina Express definitley does a service from San Cassiano to Marco Polo and then into Venice itself. I think it starts in Corvara or La Villa, then comes to San Cassiano before heading to Venice via Cortina. For our return journey to the airport, we caught the bus about 10 am in the morning and the journey is about 3 hrs. I think it runs twice a day. jimmybog, has already listed the website but I see they only have the Cortina timetable until December. I think after December the route extends to include San Cassiano.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you contact cortinaexpress then they will send you the timetable by email. It may not yet be available for this winter but I don't think it will be too long before it is
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
quadwould, don't know about Italian prices but you'd expect to pay at least £80 return for a transfer of that length in France. To our place from Geneva is quite a lot shorter and the last transfer I organised for friends was around £90 each in a minibus, 7 of them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy