Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone divorced,widow,single (35-50 years old) heading to chamonix february 2012 ?

Poster: A snowHead
Newly widow (43 y.old) having in mind to burn the hell of it,skiiing,skiing,skiing ,down through the solpes off cham.
Anyone interested on skiing (hard) dining and gin-toning for a few days ??? Let`s start talking .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
0556, Welcome to SH's...

February is pants anywhere, but why Chamonix?...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Erm, there's no law that says single people (or widowed/divorced for that matter) can only ski with other single people.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

February is pants anywhere
huh?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Quote:

huh?

FEBRUARY IS PANTS ANYWHERE....... Put yer hearing aid in.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
allanm wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
Quote:

huh?

FEBRUARY IS PANTS ANYWHERE....... Put yer hearing aid in.

huh?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
0556, welcome and condolences.

Coupla things.

While it's nice to go with other people, don't write off travelling solo. You might go out singley, but you're seldom 'alone' long on a sliding trip. TO's and shared chalets spring to mind, but are not the only options.

And even if you think Cham is the dogs, I wouldn't restrict myself to just there.

FWIW, I don't get the 'Feb is pants' crack, either?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BCjohnny wrote:
0556,FWIW, I don't get the 'Feb is pants' crack, either?

OK, perhaps overstated.... School holidays [in France] = crowded slopes, numpties, etc... it's better if you can avoid February if you can, IMHO.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, but there's almost two weeks of February before the school holidays begin.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My mistake. Paris starts on 12th Feb next year - so does UK half term by the looks of it, so Feb will be fine. Sorry to go off at a tangent.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
0556 wrote:
Newly widow (43 y.old) having in mind to burn the hell of it,skiiing,skiing,skiing ,down through the solpes off cham.
Anyone interested on skiing (hard) dining and gin-toning for a few days ??? Let`s start talking .

If you are not fixed on Cham but are looking to ski and apres ski hard then Austria (e.g. St Anton, Ischgl, Saalbach, Sölden etc) might suit you better. The men to women ratio is around 10 to 1 in St Anton. snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So it's a bit like snowheads then? Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you, for your prompt responses, does any of you know of any organized group of hard skiers filling the age and civil staus requirements ? besides club med and too comercial ideas !!! to ski and socialize !!!
thinking on february, cause is the best time,cham is an unfilled dream, but open to serious spots !!! Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB wrote:
0556 wrote:

If you are not fixed on Cham but are looking to ski and apres ski hard then Austria (e.g. St Anton, Ischgl, Saalbach, Sölden etc) might suit you better. The men to women ratio is around 10 to 1 in St Anton. snowHead

Does it mean 10 women per man ??????? Should I stay or should I go !!!!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB wrote:
The men to women ratio is around 10 to 1 in St Anton. snowHead

I've heard that the men to women ratio in Cham is 15:1 Toofy Grin
And while that may be somewhat true, the pickings are slim. It's all about the quality, not the quantity.
snow report
0556 wrote:

It means 10 men for every 1 woman. But most are probably in the toyboy - or even foetus - age group Laughing
snow report
DB wrote:
0556 wrote:

Like they say in Alaska, the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Assuming you're not a sock, welcome.
snow report
jbob wrote:
...the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
Too bloody true!

jbob wrote:
Assuming you're not a sock...
Very likely, I'd say.
snow conditions
0556, if you're thinking a ski holiday is somewhere to pull, then don't. Single people are rare and almost always under 30. Personally I've never liked the idea of organised 'singles' holidays, so I have always done my own thing. In doing so I have met a fabulous bunch of ski buddies whom I now meet up and ski with every year. Not to mention the great folk on here to meet up and ski with. Maybe a snowHead bash would work for you. But don't discount going solo and joining ski guiding days either.
snow conditions
Unless you really want Chamonix, what about the snowHead Birthday Bash in Feb

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1810957&highlight=2012#1810957
latest report
0556 wrote:
DB wrote:
0556 wrote:

No 10 men per 1 woman and most of the women are already coupled up. As a man in the Mooserwirt - St Anton, Austria the best strategy is to go ugly early. Wink
How serious a skier are you? e.g. On piste Reds / Blacks or Off piste - looking to hire a guide? You should come. Toofy Grin
latest report
Undoubtely is not god to force anything !! Queen.
when i read this forum, and met the folk on here I thought coul be a good place to met hard skiers.
Too lazy for the bash thing !! Kel. I rather prefer a work group of 4-6 people.
Plenty of time,we´ll see.
snow report
jbob wrote:
Assuming you're not a sock, welcome.

I've never heard anyone sound less like a newly widowed 43 yr old lady rolling eyes .
snow report
need to put things and plans ahead of me to keep on focus, regularly I ski on the pyreness, want to try alps
all my friends -couples are saving for their mortgages, and myself at a main crossroad on my life , so we´ll see if a take the right lane
ski holidays
Quote:

I've never heard anyone sound less like a newly widowed 43 yr old lady

I think the OP has a first language other than English. it's hard to find the right register in a foreign language. So, be kind to give the benefit of the doubt, perhaps?
snow conditions
pam w, Oh wise one, I think you may be right. Little Angel
latest report
Excuse me for my broken english, used to be much better. Madeye-Smiley
I am a skier male interested on a an ski group, ski touring/off piste.
snow report
0556, Kel's suggestion above is a good one.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
0556, Aah - we thought you were a woman, A widow in English is female, sadly you are a widower.

I hope you have a good season
ski holidays
Upps my mistake, !!!
thank you all. I´ll keep an eye on the solo skiers group.
snow report
0556, you could dare I say it look at the SCGB- they run great holidays with on / off piste guiding and tuition. I'm sure you'll meet like minded people and have a great time.
snow conditions
Sounds good. Smile
Thank you Ed.
latest report
0556, you would have a great time on the S8BB (the snowheads birthday bash). with so many solo skiers you will always find someone who you get on with very well. ... and most are that sort of age.
snow report
I often go skiing by myself as my wife does not ski. Unfortunately friends either cannot afford or have young children. I did a big search last month to identify a company that would not charge me the earth. Eventually settled on Inghams in Meribel. They have ski leading and I am taking the opportunity to take some clinics with New Generation.

However Crystal has some rooms in Les Deux Alpes. Most of the smaller companies charge a premium. However Action Outdoor may be a good option - I imagine there will be a lot of singles.

You will always meet people on a ski holiday unless there is something odd with your personality/personal habits. I also like it a I can ski like a b...ard and crash out with a book in the eveing without the pressure of going out on the 'pop'.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy