Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Working Winter Season 11/12, Ski Pass options and prices...Help!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

please can someone help me with ski pass options and prices.

I am working in Servoz nr Chamonix this winter in a private chalet. I have to pay for my ski pass upfront, and then at the end of the season the chalet will reimburse me Eu600.

I am aware of a work and ride pass, after reading a few blogs etc, but cannot find much more info.

How much is a work and ride pass? am I eligible?

what are the alternatives and costs involved?

Any help and suggestions would be a great help

Thanks everyone
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cjramwell, I'm not sure about a work and ride pass but previous season pass holders get a 44% discount if you buy the new season pass in October. Full price is €1,430. Price with early bird discount is €800. So, €600 sounds like a good deal.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are you getting paid 'proper' wages for this work?

If not, then better monetary opportunities lie with the bigger Tour Operators who provide a lift pass for free.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am sure that your employers will know of all the deals available and the best way to buy your pass, try asking them.

Alternatively, if you look for a user called Peds on Natives he's lived in Chamonix for about 4 years and I'm sure he'll tell you the best way to buy your pass.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zero-G Eu800 sounds about right, so in the end, after the chalet has repaid me Eu600 (at the end of the season), all i will end up paying is Eu200! I better start saving my pennies quick if i need to buy it before the end of october!!!

Mike Pow I'm getting paid Eu140 per week for my work, 6days a week, 8am-10:30am, back in 6pm-10:30pm, so hopefully i will be able to get out most days and ski! Although the last few years in Cham have had very sporadic dumps of snow Sad so maybe won't be able to ski much. The chalet I'm going to be working at is one that i've been to for a few years in the summer & winter as a guest, and when I last went I showed a keen interest in working there. So it was a much easier proposition than job hunting, and going to interviews at the other end of the country, with no certainty of getting the job.

Marcellus I'm going to get as much info out of the chalet as possible! Will also look for Peds on natives, is he on the forums?

Thank you guys for all your help.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cjramwell, yes Peds is his user name on the Natives Forums.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey,

I have finally had a response from the people that provide the ski pass. A ski pass for the winter season 2011/12 will be Eu400!!! Purchasable from 1st Dec at chamonix ticket office, upon presentation of your contract of employment. the pass needs revalidating during march, and you must present your Feb payslip, as proof you are still working.
It is basically the Chamonix Le Pass but discounted.

Hope this helps anyone that was struggling the same as me!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cjramwell, I don't know of any resort which doesn't offer a heavily discounted pass for resort workers. Find out how much time you have in March to give them your payslip before they cancel the pass - I know people here who didn't get a payslip until two weeks into the month and had passes cancelled on/about the sixth. Very annoying!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cjramwell, wow, that's a sizeable discount!

Do they offer the Mont Blanc Unlimited pass at heavy discount? If you're spending the whole season out there, you will want to be able to ski the terrain covered by the Unlimited pass. The Chamonix Le Pass may be a bit limiting.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zero-G, thank you for the advice, I have sent another email back to them asking about the Chamonix unlimited. The Le Pass doesn't even cover Les Houche, which will be my nearest slopes!!!
I'll update everyone on that one as soon as I get a reply.

Cheers Lizzard, I'll get straight onto that one! I dont want to be spending my time between march and may twiddling my thumbs if they cancel my pass!

Cheers guys
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cjramwell, they reinstate it as soon as they see a payslip - it's just annoying at the time.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My daughter works in Cham and gets a discounted MBU annual pass.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy