Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you do Apres Ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Wot Bode Swiller said Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No one sharpening their edges or waxing their skis?? Call yourselves dedicated skiers rolling eyes Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kooky, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kooky, pure gold, that one..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As I am getting older, I am trying to avoid Apres Ski with my son, the picture says a why?

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
livetoski, you must be so proud.....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Guvnor, Madeye-Smiley Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
few drinks, most importantly is the food, not out too late then in bed before 12.

I know it's a holiday, but it's a ski holiday and my main concern is the skiing, not the drinking. I have many many more days in the year that I can drink.

Bode Swiller, Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Take the board off - get a beer in.
Get back to hotel - get a beer in.
Freshen up - meet in hotel bar - get a beer in.
Go get food -Get multiple beers in.
Aim to be back at hotel before 11pm.

The above means drink is consumed - but doesn't impact on next day.

(Husband frequently forgets the 'back at hotel before 11pm' though!)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Numerous large beers outside a suitable hut on the way down to the village listening to DJ Otzi or similar. Ski down after darkness falls aiming for the twinkly lights, and drop in somewhere for an emergency libation to assist in finding hotel. Sauna, swim, dinner and then out. A switch of drinks maybe, Flügels intersperced with small beers ad infinitum until "kebab hour" - this is somewhere around 2am and there will be a kebab van somewhere run by a Turkish bloke. Go home via the wrong hotel. A single nightcap (another switch of drink, this time to some liquer you never ever touch at home) in the bar followed by another dozen nightcaps while your best mate tells you he loves you and you cure third world hunger. Go to bed and lie there perfectly drunk but also perfectly awake thanks to the gallon of Red Bull inside you from all those Flügels. Decide to call wife back home, who shouts at you for waking her up. You can't win with some people

+1 less of course the wellness part and replace dinner with a burger from the burger shop in St Anton Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Seeing as I sell beer for a living, perhaps all of the people on this thread could consider a visit to NZ?

My kids need to eat, the economy is a bit farked, and nobody over here drinks like all of you seem to.

Flights are cheap!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Beers (lots) and Leching (lots) ...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Back to chalet, remove boots, take out inners and put on warmer/drier. Mug of tea, another mug of tea, another mug of tea, slice of cake. Take off clothes and hang up to dry as needed, jump in shower, jump in hot tub with bottle of white cleverly saved from previous night. Tickle edges if needed, pre-dinner drinks, dinner, post dinner drinks, bed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
James the Buzzkill rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Maybe we should replace this thread, with a what you would do for 'apres' if you had a choice thread Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Funny innit... you probably all wear helmets to protect your noggins but what's left of your brains is slowly being killed voluntarily from the inside. The collective livers must be in a shocking state as well.

Forgot to mention karaoke by the way, that always finds its way into the evening entertainment.
latest report
Ahhh, karaoke. Never better than when sung in Italian to some "tune" you've never heard of, over the top of the microphone holding bar owner, until he was forced to give it up..... Twisted Evil
latest report
Live DJ Otzi stream, rocking Germany...

http://www.swr.de/swr4/rp/programm/sommerfest/sommfest-livestream/-/id=8388608/nid=8388608/did=8536126/1lfisj1/index.html
snow conditions
Cook dinner
Touch up ski edges if it's been icy or poor coverage, maybe some wax
Paw over a map to plan the next day's skiing and which areas/lines I will hit
Check the weather

I get 12 days skiing a year, I'm sure as hell not wasting it being hungover! I'm either a boring git or a serious skier, you be the judge.
latest report
Detach boots and leave in locker under gondola station, walk to bar at entrance to gondola station, couple of small beers with the gang, cross the road to other bar to listen/watch band, who improve immensely with more beers. Head off towards accommodation attempt to pass bar on the route back, fail, have a few beers with showered and healthy people I have been skiing with that day. Float home, bath and feed about 8:30pm'ish. Procrastinate about going out again at 10:00pm to watch other band/s then realise I could do with a beer so return to bar nearest home (150m)
latest report
narc wrote:
I'm either a boring git or a serious skier, you be the judge.

There's no reason you can't be both. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Doughnuts in the icy car park once the pubs closed.
ski holidays
Take children back to hotel'/appartment and wash them and myself, before watching bizazrre foreign telly programme, which the children enjoy just as much inspite it being in French/German/Italian. Then a cheeky drink befrore/during/after dinner, followed by an early night.
This is followed by an early breakfast and smug gloating mixed with nostalgic pangs of jealousy, mixed with relief, when I come across the clearly hugover/still pissed generation Y bunch on the slopes .
Such fun!
latest report
1) have a kip - annoy wife with snoring
2) peel off thermals
3) have shower
4) beer
5) dinner
6) beer
7) bed

Simples!
snow conditions
Trot wearily around bars wondering exactly how much underage some of the other clientele is. Discuss the employment benefits of being a trainee Sumo wrestler.
ski holidays
Really really good apres consists of finishing lunch just in time to make the last lift to get back to resort to begin apres....
latest report
beeryletcher wrote:
Beers (lots) and Leching (lots) ...

try st anton its more fun
ski holidays
Maybe the thread should ask what you do different on Apres ski to Apres work?

1) Finish the day half knackered
2) Have a beer with some mates
3) Go home for pre dinner G&T
4) Shower
5) Dinner with unlimited wine
6) Nightcap after dinner
7) Bed

Apres ski or Apres work? Tricky to tell without the soundtrack of either DJ Gerhart or Jeremy Paxman as a reference Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy