Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

10th December 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Looking a booking somewhere 10/11th December 2011 for 7 nights (cannot go away later in the season because the Mrs is due early Feb and it's apparently frowned upon to be skiing whilst she's in labour!!??)

Am thinking Tignes but after a web search can't find any tour operator that offers holidays that early. Can't even go 17th as my mate can't make it that week, obviously I want to avoid Christmas/New Year.

So really I'm after 2 things......advice on where to go tha early on and who to go with!

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
speedy, http://www.mountainsunltd.com/

Got a feeling that's the week when hordes of Spanish turn up in Tignes. OK if there's full cover but a 'mare if not.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
speedy, Mark Warner has holidays in Tignes that week.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm looking at a weekend in Tignes that date or the weekend before.

Mountainsun is where to point yer browser. Great guys out there (and Ellie).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Book flights to Geneva, Munich, Milan or Innsbruck now.

Wait until a couple of days beforehand to see who has the snow.

Getting accommodation a couple of days out won't be an issue at that time of the year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
+1
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike Pow wrote:
Book flights to Geneva, Munich, Milan or Innsbruck now.

Wait until a couple of days beforehand to see who has the snow.

Getting accommodation a couple of days out won't be an issue at that time of the year.

errrrm... isn't there a small flaw in that plan?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The "where to go and who to go with" part?

Book the flights.

Come back on here on 01 December and write

"Got flights booked for 10 December. Who's got the snow please?"
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mike Pow, ah, I see, thought you were kinda suggesting booking a number of flights to some/all of those destinations and then deciding which to use. Anyway, the answer even this far out is that Tignes (the place he wants to go to) will have the snow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not that stuck on Tignes.........think I'll book a slot on Eurotunnel and wait till the week before for where to input into sat nav!!

Thanks for your replies!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
speedy,

Head for Austria and spend a couple of days (or 3) at glaciers like Hintertux, Solden, Kaprun or Neustift.

A twin or triple centre holiday would keep things interesting and it would be only an hour to an hour and a half to drive after skiing if you do decide to move on elsewhere and if you plan your trip well.

Also, you could turn simply up and knock on doors to find cheap B & B accommodation (which is what we do). You'd have no problem at that time of the year finding somewhere to sleep and each of the glaciers offers great skiing.

There's also a good chance that the non-glaciated ski areas in the vicinity would be open, so if you head for somewhere like the Ziller Valley (for Hintertux) you may not even need to head for the glacier.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
St Anton and Ischgl should be good to go, or the glaciers a la Bergmeister.

Mike Pow probably has the best advice though.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Speedy Snowstar start on 27 Nov in Tignes (www,snowstarholidays.co.uk)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Inside Out skiing are doing a chalet holiday near Meribel on those dates. I went with them last year and had a brilliant time. The snow conditions were the best of the season in the 3 Valleys (champagne powder!) and the chalet is gorgeous. Amazing food, really good company and of course great instruction from the Inside Out guys Very Happy

http://www.insideoutskiing.com/meribel.html

Otherwise - my snowboarding bloke and I are going to Obertauern in Austria that week - flying out on the 11th from Gatwick, staying in a 4 star hotel (5 star by British Standards). Flights, transfers, hotel, lift passes, half board etc, coming in at around £800 each. Should be pretty snow sure, let me know if you want details.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Emmeline, Would be interested to see details
ski holidays
speedy, flying with Easyjet from Gatwick to Salzberg. Transfer with Haberstatter Reisen straight to Hotel Steiner. Got the half board option with lift pass included.
latest report
La Plagne is open for that week and so are we - link in my tag line.

Like with Tignes only part of the domain is open for early skiing. The area open is the glacier, high altitude villages plus some of the lower areas (exact pistes are chosen closer to the time dependant on snow). They have a cheaper liftpass price offer because of this.

Please drop me an e-mail for any more info . . .
snow report
Hey Speedy,

What about Madesimo in Italy?

Activitybreaks.com offer it with ski passes and ski hire and it has a good history of snow fall in early december.

Might be worth a look for you. here is the link - http://www.activitybreaks.com/product/21962/?step=1
snow conditions
Hi,

We are running from the 9th dec http://www.snowretreat.co.uk in La Tania, Three Valleys. This week is a friendly week with all sorts of snow mad people including many singles. Drop us a line if you want to know more...
latest report
speedy, Myself and 2 pals are going on 8th December to St Anton for early season ski weekend, booked some early Lufthansa deals via Munich - never been let down before in St Anton, all things crossed, they have had great early snow last 3 years, hope it'll be the same this year.

I went to Tignes early on 3 years ago for a long weekend and stayed high and it was perfect, very cold -20c, short but blue sky days.............early rises and wrap up warm is the key.

Only 3 months to go!! Smile
snow conditions
Hi Speedy

Take a look at Madesimo , Bella Ski Italia have some early season deals for 7nights half-board and includes a 6 day ski pass from only £350 and you shouldnt have to worry about snow conditions as it has an excellent snow record.
further details can be found on www.bellaskiitalia.com or you can keep up to date with snow reports on their mobile website http://m.bellaskiitalia.com.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy