Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Have just booked a week in Tignes for a group of 8 in Jan 2012. We are staying in a Chalet Aiglon which is located in Tignes La Lac, so wondering if anyone has stayed in this chalet before?

Also a few more questions below:
- is the nightlife good in La Lac, and can anyone suggest any decent bars?
- How much is a large beer on average, and where is the best place to get a cheap beer?
- We are catered for breakfast and dinner, but where is good to grab a good value snack at lunch?

Cheers

Matt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Matt

I just called up their website to see which of the many Skiworld Chalets beginning with A this (there are a few). It now says that it is not available next season - you may want to check!
The night life in Le Lac is varied there are bars to suit all tastes (give us a clue on ages and tastes and I could make better recommendations). There a couple of night clubs notably the infamous Jacks - more cheese than a tartiflette!
For lunch - eat in the villages - as anywhere in the Alps you can get ripped off, but you can get a decent lunch for E10 at the Marmottes, Croq burger, Le Brasero, Aspen, etc
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have booked through Snowfinders as recommended by a friend http://www.snowfinders.co.uk/chalet-details.aspx?productid=170681. I believe there is another chalet with the same name in Tignes, but its not in La Lac, so hopefully that is the one your are referring to.

As for our group we are a mixed group between 25 and 30. Always enjoy a bit of live music (ie Oasis, Rolling Stones, Beatles, The Strokes covers etc) and when it gets a bit later a good DJ (House, DnB etc). Not really a fan or cheesy tunes, but depending on how drunk we are and how good the club is I suppose there is always a slim possibility.

10E sounds reasonable for a decent lunch so thanks for the options. How much should I expect to pay for a large beer on average?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Buy a jug, it generally works out cheaper.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Matt

Quite a few of the Skiworld chalets are joined together with similar names - it may be that they have let someone else take it over - Aiglon was hi spec.

For Apres ski in le Lac there is the Loop - always have live music and last season I think a pint was E5 - two for one at Happy Hour. as for live music you will need to pick up the local rag (last year called upflatdown - available on the net and as an App) as it had listings. The Alpaka (home of the UK expat club and live UK sport) has a band a couple of bands a week. Occasionally, the small but perfectly formed Jam Bar had a 2 piece. Scottys and Le Brasero in Lavachet also have music at last twice a week. As for the House RnB I'm not really an expert but there are a number of bars and Clubs in Val Claret - but as they seem to change owners and names each season I'll say no more. Your chalet staff will give advice but this is usually influenced by which bar is offering them the best deal. For a quieter bar pre dinner try the Embuscade a mixed French/English crowd (with UK sport) - you may even bump into me!
Most of the Bars mentioned charged 2.5 or 3 for a demi and 5 -5.5 for a pint (clubs excepted).

Be prepared to fall into Jacks - there is an irrestibable force field after 0200!

Don't forget your swimmies as entrance to le Lagon (pool with slides etc) is included in the lift pass
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, that's really helpful. Sounds like plenty of options, which is good!

Beers are what I expected in price. Think the plan is going to have to be to time it right with happy hour, then follow it with the free wine we get with dinner
in our chalet, then head out! Is happy hour generally 4-8?

Free access to the pool is a result. Does it have outdoor hot tubs and steam or sauna?

We get ski hosting with the chalet, which is something I have neverer experienced. Is it a service worth using?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Happy Hours are normally 4-5 or 6 and only in some bars. The pool is all indoor - the tubs steam room s and saunas are all in a separtate area called "Wellness" and you have to pay extra for that. Same for a very modern gym.
Ski hosting can be fun as they show you round the resort avoiding the piste map frenzy every 5 minutes. However, the group will ski/ride at the pace of the slowest which can become tedious. Some companies run mini grading sessions between a number of chalets to equalize the groups. One thing with the hosts that you will have to watch is lunch - their choice will be based upon where they get the best deal (ie a free meal and a packet of fags) and may not be the cheapest for you. Its not dishonest - just a reflection of the pittance they get paid!
There is also a cinema and bowling alley if boozin gets too much ( Twisted Evil )
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alpaca for drinking, buy jugs and they have a happy hour, so check it. Otherwise beer is seriously expensive pretty much everywhere. Cheapest way to drink in The Loop is bottles of their house wine. Tastes awful, but very effective. Jacks is an utter dive, but frankly by the time you get there you won't remember it anyhow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy