Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on Levi in December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Totally agree with mitts and liners, there are some mitts available with built in heat/battery, don't know price/make but I have an American friend with raynauds who loves hers, I will try and get the manufacturer for you but you could probably google it. The little "t-bag" disposable heaters you can put in gloves are really good but put them on the back of your hands so they are working where the blood is closest to the surface of the skin, she can always juggle them round to her palms whilst on lifts if she feels the need.
My friend also has swears by the insoles which are insulated and look like they have been wrapped in tinfoil! Last year they were available in poundland (really!) they might be a bit of a faff to get to fit rented boots but might prove invaluable for walking around resort, I bought some for my wellys whilst dog walking last winter in the snow and they made a big diff in comfort as well as heat.
Layering is the name of the game avoiding the overstuffed sausage look, you need to trap air and allow it to circulate and don't bother packing any cotton or the wicking action of any base layers is compromised. Pop socks whilst ugly are great for providing a non bulky non wrinkly extra layer. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Due to Covid-19 and family constraints (including being married to a Finn) we’ve booked a weeks holiday in Levi in December. Am thinking about using the opportunity to learn telemarking (never done it before) as well as trying out touring and possibly do some x country (self taught).

Could do with recommendations on ski schools places to rent telemark/touring equipment and local guides.

Cheers all.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mrs H and I went years ago for our honeymoon and it was very, very cold. Not quite the coldest I have ever been (thank you Switzerland) but not far off....

I do remember that there were wooden cabins by the side of the pistes with roaring fires and endless supplies of free hot berry juice which was very welcome after spending time on the slopes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd take your kid to the Trafford Centre and then fly from Manchester airport to the Caribbean.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy