Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big New Snow+Rock Store Croydon

Poster: A snowHead
Next to Ikea... handy.

Here's the press release...

The Snow+Rock Group to open tri-brand superstore on Purley Way – Croydon.

We are very excited to announce our latest superstore opening in Croydon, early November 2011. At 14,000 square feet this will be the biggest store in the group and will house all three of our retail brands under one roof: Snow+Rock, CycleSurgery and Runners Need.
While size definitely matters, location is key and our unit on Purley Way between Ikea and John Lewis is definitely one of the UK’s busiest retail destinations. The store will consist of 2 floors bursting with the best brands in winter sports, outdoor, cycling and running, and in order to give our customers the ultimate shopping environment we have been working closely with a design team to make this one of the best shops we have ever built.

On the ground floor Snow+Rock customers will be able to peruse ski, snowboard and outdoor wear with dedicated departments for The North Face clothing and footwear and Oakley eyewear. Upstairs they will enjoy our fully equipped, state of the art ski boot fitting lab with raised seating for comfort and convenience, plus a wifi enabled coffee-lounge to increase dwell time. With so much choice in the store we are sure people will want to take their time making decisions! The most important thing we put into the store will be our staff. They are as passionate as our customers when it comes to life in the mountains, and have the experience and training to make sure every customer is well looked after.

The first floor will also house our CycleSurgery store, offering a fantastic range of the latest must-have bikes from the worlds best cycle brands. Plus full workshop facilities that open onto the store, giving customers the added ‘theatre’ of watching their new bike being built. Cyclists will also be welcome to park their bikes in store.

Back on the ground floor runners will be able to have a free gait analysis session and shop in a Nike Run boutique within our Runners Need store. What’s more Runners Need staff are all runners and their technical knowledge never fails to impress, so if you love to run come and see us in Croydon – whether you want to talk about your training or just make sure you are in the right shoes. Anyone who runs will be welcome; you don’t need to be an elite athlete.

Dion Taylor, Managing Director Snow+Rock Group, has this to say about the new store: "We have been waiting for the right location to become available south of London and this is the bull's-eye! Directly on Purley Way with great parking and surrounded by other quality retail businesses. We have put a lot of emphasis on the retail experience and interior design of the store, so we are sure customers will be delighted when they visit"
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh my - fantastic! Not so good for my bank balance tho Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Credit card may require reinforcing...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very handy - 10 minutes drive for us (outside the rush hour). Unfortunately looks like we'll be away on holiday when it opens so we'll miss out on any special offers.
All we need now is for S&R to be more competitive on price...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hope they install a good sprinkler system.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, GeorgeVII, Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rioters don't go for ski gear rob@rar, fitting the boots takes too long.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice! Michelle and I were at Purley Way yesterday enjoying the delights of Ikea...now we can combine it with ski shopping Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
homphomp, AND there's a John Lewis Home store there - what more could you wish for? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ikea, John Lewis, Snow and Rock - add to that the Mamas and Papas outlet and Purley Way must be the most middle-class shopping experience in Saaaf London.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interesting comment about staff

"They are as passionate as our customers when it comes to life in the mountains, and have the experience and training to make sure every customer is well looked after"

Unfortunately, in the past I have found them mostly disinterested.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spyder pig I've always thought it strange that those people who are "passionate when it comes to life in the mountains" spend their winter in Purley Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tiger2 true but....
I'm also passionate about the mountains, but unfortunately have to spend 50 weeks per year in the UK earning money for my 2 weeks of skiing. Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyder pig I acknowledge that but it specifically says "life in the mountains" not merely "spending time in the mountains for a leisure pursuit"
snow conditions
cathy wrote:
homphomp, AND there's a John Lewis Home store there - what more could you wish for? Toofy Grin

Indeed....we had lunch there!!
snow report
I happened to go along the Purley Way on the bus this morning. The new superstore is where Harveys furniture shop was - opposite Sainsbury's and next to PC World.
The store front looks complete and they were fitting out the interior so I guess they're on schedule for opening in November.
snow report
Ah right, yet another S+R store in the south (of England) ... just as well there's Ellis Brighams to cover the parts of the UK where people actually regularly participate in *local* mountain sports ... mind you those folk can be very smelly and sweaty, particularly those climbing and ski touring types just off a hill or mountain - you won't find them ponging out the slush & rubbles in Knightsbridge or Kensington and I'd hazard a guess they'd get some odd looks in Croydon too so enjoy your pong free shopping S+R fans NehNeh Wink
snow conditions
Hope you're posting that from Cairngorm roga, because the moral highground of Bristol is pretty far south to be playing the soft southerner card.
snow conditions
I think the point of this store is that it's not in central London and so more accessible to those of us out in the 'burbs.

I'm not a particular S+R fan, being more inclined to have a look there and buy stuff online. I'll be checking out their opening deals though.

Just had a price-related thought, there is a TK Maxx across the road - I wonder if they'll increase their range of ski stuff?

btw - there are several parts of Croydon where the "smelly and sweaty" would fit right in. Razz
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Hope you're posting that from Cairngorm roga, because the moral highground of Bristol is pretty far south to be playing the soft southerner card.

My heart (and soul) are always in the mountains NehNeh
agw wrote:
btw - there are several parts of Croydon where the "smelly and sweaty" would fit right in. Razz

In that case I must visit wink
snow report
roga wrote:
My heart (and soul) are always in the mountains

Which leaves you heartless and soulless the rest of the time? Razz
ski holidays
^oooh er, you got me there Wink
snow report
In comparison to the S+N store in Covent Garden how much larger will the one in Croydon be then (obviously just S+N, not CycleSurgery or Runners need)
snow conditions
simplyme, I estimate twice as much floor space. But better laid out into the bargain. Snow & Nock?
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
simplyme, I estimate twice as much floor space. But better laid out into the bargain. Snow & Nock?

More than that, I think, even if the ground floor is shared with Runners Need. We bought a bed from the shop when it was Harveys last year - it's a sizeable place - here's Google Street View to give you an idea.
snow report
Grand opening is Friday 4th November. Chemmy doing the ribbon cutting.
snow report
Hmmm - we drove past at the weekend and I was quite disappointed, expecting some humongous warehouse type building. It looked rather small to me from the outside, perhaps there's a tardis effect Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^ watch out for the S+R Daleks with their cries of "WE WILL FIT YOUR BOOTS - COMFORT GUARANTEE, COMFORT GUARANTEE, COMFORT GUARANTEEEEEEEEEEEE" ...

... remember a a good blast with a sonic screwdriver will stop that nonsense Wink
ski holidays
roga, Laughing I'll watch out for them Toofy Grin
latest report
roga, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Bode Swiller, well thats no bloody use - I had allocated THIS weekend to flippant ski related purchases.... will have to stick with Finches- lovely people there, I hope their business doesnt suffer too much.
latest report
So did anyone visit on their opening weekend?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy