Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

long term apartment rentals Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Hello further to my previous post, I am looking for a long term (4-6months) apartment or small house to rent for the season - somewhere in the Arlberg region or Zell am See area. Can anybody recomend an agency or something like?

Thanks,
J

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 27-08-11 15:37; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it were almost anywhere else oth than Austria then yes we could have helped; www.livetheseason.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marcellus wrote:
If it were almost anywhere else oth than Austria then yes we could have helped; www.livetheseason.com
Hi there - just seen your post. There may be a one bed apartment free in the ski resort of Lofer, which has its own slopes and is well placed for Zell, Saalbach, Kitzbuhel and the rest of the Salzburgerland resorts. If that's of interest I can get more details.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
richardmg, Yes please let me know of it!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marcellus wrote:
richardmg, Yes please let me know of it!!
Hi - the apartment is on the ground floor of a chalet-style house which is split into 6 apartments. We have one and the others are occupied by a mix of English and locals. The apartment is 45m2 with an open plan living area/kitchen and a large separate double bedroom. A small porch area is equipped for storing boots and skis. The apartment was modernised about 4 years ago and is in good condition. It's a 5 minute walk into Lofer town centre which is a lovely, traditional small town.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
richardmg, what sort of rent would you expect ? I've been pondering a season (not this year) in Austria but have no idea what the rental prices are.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
richardmg, what sort of rent would you expect ? I've been pondering a season (not this year) in Austria but have no idea what the rental prices are.

I'd be interested to find out the going rate...

I looked at an apartment in St Anton a couple of years ago. Now it was a very nice place, recently refurbed, 2 bed, 5 min walk to lifts, car parking etc.

€13,000 for the season.

I sh*t you not.

I now know why seasonaires in St Anton all live out in St Jakob or further afield.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think the rent would be around EUR 700 per month.....so about EUR 3,000-4,000 for the season.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
richardmg, Cheers Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
richardmg, is that warm or kalt miete?

AndAnotherThing.., often the rents are so-called "Kalt" which means you have to calculate the side costs for water, electricity, heating and maintenance among other things. I pay 125 Euro a month Nebekosten (side costs) making my "Warm" rent 675 Eruo per month.

I've been looking for a flat in the Altenmarkt -Radstadt- Flachau area for about 18 months now. Long term rentals are actually hard to find. Most seasonal rents are organised through the ski school/company you work for and are often in shared flats and/or houses. You need a lot of luck to do this long distance and word of mouth is usually the best way to find things independently.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue, Yep, organising this stuff has always been hard work. We've tended to go Jan to April to give the apartment owner the chance to make good money over Christmas, although I'm not sure it's made that much difference.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
An Apartment for the season in St Anton will cost you about the same as it would renting as a regular Tourist its around Euro3000-5000 per month.

Ski Teachers, ski bums all share & live out of town.

Resort Workers normally get rooms in there employers establishment

There are some old ski bums who come back every season & have the same room (A Room Only). You basically have to wait to one of these die before a vacancy comes available & then theres a 5 year waiting list.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Samerberg Sue....the rent would include heating and hot water, but electric would be separate.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richardmg, so you need to make that clear as it took me a while to sort that out here in Germany.

I'm looking to move permanently to the Altenmarkt-Radstadt-Flachau area. I need fast access to the A10 as I work near Munich and hope to continue doing so for a few years yet! wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
richardmg, what usually happens (in my experience) is that the readings are taken when the tenant moves in and out, then the owner pays the bill and deducts the costs of the electricity and water from the security deposit.
latest report
marcellus, the readings are taken on the handover days normally in Germany and Austria. So on the day you pick up the keys, and the day you give them back.

If they say that the rent is inclusive, you don't lose any of your deposit. The side costs include heating (including warm water used), building insurances (public liability insurance mainly although you are expected to get your own as well), lighting and heating for any communal areas (stairways, cellars, bike/ski store, etc, ), cold water usage in some cases, caretaker costs if there is one, snow clearing costs, etc.

I have meters for hot and cold water in my kitchen and my bathroom and all the radiators have indicators on them showing how much heating I've used. Someone comes around once a year and reads everything then sends my landlady a bill for my apartment. She then divies up all the other costs and it is really strictly controlled as to what she can charge me. If I have any questions I can take it to an advisory group for tenents and she has to justify each and every additional cost. the electricity is billed directly to me and the onus is on me to read the meter correctly when I'm sent a card. The estimates are usually way higher than the real usage.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy