Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone ever claimed on the Goretex lifetime guarantee?

Poster: A snowHead
I have some Goretex walking boots I've had about 2 years, just got soaking wet feet taking the dog out at lunchtime.

Goretex have (I believe) a lifetime guarantee:

If you are not completely satisfied with the waterproofness, windproofness or breathability of your GORE-TEX® outerwear then we will repair, replace or refund your purchase price.

Just wondering if anyone has made a succesful claim on this guarantee?

regards,

greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, Maybe the dog needs some more training.

I would contact the shop where you got them first, let them deal with it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rjs, cheers, just did that, they said bring 'em back they will send them back to Salomon who make a decision based on how worn they are.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You might find that lifetime guarantees apply to the life of the item, not the owner and whilst not always specifically stated, a lifetime can be around two years. I found this out sometime ago when buying some motorcycle gloves so you could be in with a shout though. I also encountered a lifetime guarantee issue with Halfords Professional tools (ratchet spanners), I had cause to take one back (from new) and was advised the lifetime guarantee did not apply to the mechanism, WTF?!. But they did exchange it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, no idea.

Patagonia have however just sent me a new hardshell jacket after my old one delaminated- they were very very good. The only thing I've ever had from Patagonia that went wonky.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I took an Arctryx jacket back to the shop after 3 years as it had some minor bubbling on a seam. I just wanted their advice really - they said it was still waterproof and would last many more years but they could have it replaced if I wanted. I took them up on their offer but regretted it afterwards - there was no problem with the old jacket really and the new one is not such a nice colour:-( (they did warn me that the new colours were different).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, Jackets on a number of occasions due to delamination. All replaced without question.

Boots.................. another area due to greater potential for wear/abrasion of the liner.............
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The fabric itself, if properly maintained, is guaranteed for life. However, I imagine you've worn a whole through the gore-tex liner. There's no guarantee against leaking through holes.

Gore-tex in boots doesn't last very long.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

You might find that lifetime guarantees apply to the life of the item,

Puzzled "Yes sir, this was guaranteed for life, but sadly it's now dead. RIP".
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, Very Happy

It's not dead, it's resting!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SkiingDad, Well, it's...its, ah...probably pining for the foothills Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
just had a message back from the retailer saying as no equivalent boots are currently available I have a credit note waiting for me.

So one very happy customer, the Goretex lifetime guarantee appears to be worthwhile!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh? may just have to try this. Pair of 1.5yr old Salomon Goretex boots started leaking around toes, and also the bit where the tongue is attached along its length. Perfectly fine in all other respects, just not so fine walking through wet boggy moorland in Scotland.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andy, mine were at least 2 years old, so defo worth a try, I took 'em back to the shop I purchased them from, couldn't find a receipt either Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Call the gore call center, they will help you with replacements or repairs.

http://www.gore-tex.co.uk/remote/Satellite/content/care/guarantee
snow conditions
blimey, I've got a ten year old North face free thinker jacket, where the Gore-Tex has started to delaminate. Do you think they would give me a new one??
latest report
If it is a Gore-Tex Jacket (proper maintained) then they should help you repair ot replace it at their cost. Gore-Tex quality rocks..
latest report
The OP may well have claimed on the replacement pair of boots by now, I would hazard a guess.... Toofy Grin wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy