Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck to Selva transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have just booked a week in Selva from 29 Dec 2011 to 5 Jan 2012.
We are joining friends already there and leaving kids so only two of us.
We fly into Innsbruck early morning 29 Dec, and need to make our way to Selva - any suggestions for transfercompanies or how to use public transport
will be appreciated.
Going back on 5 Jan early evening and will be joined by another couple for that transfer.

Staying in Hotel Solaia, if anybody know it , any opinions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The public transport around there is very good, so I'd look at getting a train to Bressanone (Brixen) or Bolzano (Bozen) and then a bus from there. From memory there are around 4 buses a day from Bolzano so it should be pretty do-able, I suspect Bressanone is similar and maybe a bit nearer. The train ride over the Brenner would be pretty spectacular too.

Train times from http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp

The hotel might be able to arrange a taxi from the station if the buses don't work out.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lizski, Last year (and I expect this season also) there was a transfer bus that goes directly from Innsbruck Airport to Selva, cost 25 Euros one way or 39 Euros return, see this. However last year the transfers were only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and I see you are travelling Thursday to Thursday. I expect this winter season timetable will be available at the end of September.

If the bus transfer isn't available for Thursdays then rail to Brixen or Bozen as sah suggests is probably your best bet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thankssah, and Alastair Pink, really helped a lot.
Would have been great if bus went directly on Thursdays! As far as I can see we will have to take bus from Innsbruck Airport to Hauptbahnhof, and then train from there.
Does anyone know if Brixen/Bressanonne or Klause/Chiusa is best stop to get off and get a bus or taxi to Selva? Chiusa looks closer, but maybe not connected so well?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Use the following website for exact timings of trains/busses. You can just enter From Innsbruck to Selva (Wolkenstein). The timetable for December 22nd will not be available yet but just try some options for November/early December and you will get a good idea. I don't think the train timetable changes much between summer/winter. The bus timetable will also be similar for summer and winter.

Based on a Thursday in early December, the trains to get from Innsbruck will be the ones that leave at 52 minutes past the hour. You will then change onto another train at Brenner (though I don't know if you have to actually leave the train or whether they only change the engine?). You will then get off at Ponte Gardena (Waidbruck BHF) and wait around 15 minutes for the connecting bus to Selva.

Ponte Gardena is definately the closest train station to Selva as it is right next to the Val Gardena valley entrance. You shouldn't have any need to get off and change at Bressanone, Chiusa or Bolzano.

http://www.sii.bz.it/en

Some things to note:

1. The German name for Selva is Wolkenstein and for Ponte Gardena it is Waidbruck. The German names will be displayed on the web site link I gave you.

2. The Italian railway operators do not get on with the Austrian & German railway operators so the option to buy a train ticket from Innsbruck to Ponte Gardena may not be available from the ticket machines at Innsbruck train station. So make sure you buy the tickets from the Innsbruck station ticket booking office beforehand. Although you will be traveling on the regional Austrian/Italian trains and you could probably take a chance and buy the tickets on the train, I personally wouldn’t risk it. For the bus to Selva, you can pay the driver directly

3. The bus stop at Ponte Gardena is right next to the station entrance so you don’t have to walk far with your luggage.

4. We done a very similar journey last year from Innsbruck to Bressanone and then bus to Siusi in the next valley along from Selva. However we did have the advantage of knowing exactly which train we were getting (as we stayed overnight in Innsbruck) and therefore we pre booked our train tickets at the cheaper price. If you do try and pre book your train tickets then you will need to make sure they are valid on any train rather than a specific one as you will not know exactly what time your flight will land. In any case as you will be traveling on the local trains then the ticket prices should be quite cheap (we only paid 38 Euros for two of us and that was on a Euro City Train).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is worth checking out Mark Smith's excellent website www.seat61.com for rail info.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Actually, the very best place to get off the train for Selva is at a station called "Waidbruck" in the Village of Ponte Gardena. It's North-East out of Bolzano towards Bressanone.
Turn right out of the station and about 50m away is a bus stop. There you can get a local bus, a 30 min ride, directly to Selva for about 3€.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks so much everyone, much more confidant that we will know what tickets to buy and where to get off now.
Cant wait for the snow to start...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy