Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Devon ski boots ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Suggestions for best place to get new boots for daughter in Devon please?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Devon Ski Centre in Newton Abbot would be a good choice....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow and rock in exeter arent bad Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seeing this thread title I thought it might be local slang for wellies or whatever the sheep farmers use on snowy Dartmoor / Exmoor.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
provenjohn, We have just bought skis from the Devon ski centre - haven't been there for boots, but my personal shopper chatted to the guys there and said they seemed to understand what they were selling - at least ski wise.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
provenjohn wrote:
Suggestions for best place to get new boots for daughter in Devon please?

Devon Ski Centre in Newton Abbot or try Snow & Rock at Sandygate, Exeter. Go see Naomi she fitted my boots and was first class. Spent alot of time making sure I had a great fit.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very recently bought some ski boots from devon ski centre newton abbott. Cannot recommend this place enough and the fitting from Ian was very professional. He didnt try and sell me the most expensive boots but the ones that best suited my feet. The whole fitting process consisted ofover 1.5hrs and nothing was too much trouble. Good local shop which gives you that personal care and has a great boot fitting promise. They will go out of their way to make sure your boots are perfect for you. Would steer clear of the larger shops such as snow and rock who dont have the same kind of experience boot fitters. Some friends have had bad experiences from snow and rock exeter
Hope this helps Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Devon Ski Centre sold me some boots as 85 flex that were actually 55 flex, when I called to request this be resolved amicably under the sale of goods act 1979 they refused stating too much time had elapsed between the purchase of the boots (end of season sale) and my telephone call (after my next ski holiday the following January). Up to you but I certainly wouldn't buy there again, the boots caused me lots of problems as they were the incorrect flex

quote: flex is not considered essential in the boot fitting process

Err...flex is very important!!!

I went to Snowtrax (Christchurch, Dorset) in the end. Much better service, much happier feet and shins!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Atomic70, Question as per other slating erm...post!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow and Rock Sandygate very good - new boots well extended before Xmas in Austria and are superb - fitting could not have been easier - they even offered you a cuppa whilst the soles were heating etc. Clearly knew what they were doing and well trained staff.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+1 for S &R in Exeter. I suspect you'll hear good and bad for both Devon Ski Centre and S&R but I received a great service at the latter and have great fitting boots.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy