Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Dream set up

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is this the dream touring set up when you want the best possible downhill performance, not too much weight for climb and the ability to charge on anything?

The BD Quadrant Ski Boot. Looks good and stiff and is Dynafit compatible.
Dynafit Vertical FTZ12 (not sure how different these are to the old FT?)
The new K2 Coomback

It snowed to 1500m in the Graubunden last weekend, they closed a pass and cancelled a mountain bike race. It must be winter soon!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd (personally) swap the ski for either DPS W105 or 112 for a start...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

The BD Quadrant Ski Boot. Looks good and stiff and is Dynafit compatible. [1]
Dynafit Vertical FTZ12 (not sure how different these are to the old FT?) [2]
The new K2 Coomback [3]

[1] - ......but the fit is said to be very bizarre. I'd go for a pair of Titans (Ultralights available for this winter)
[2] - Check
[3] - The old Coomback was quite soft was it not? For charging I'd want something stiffer.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boot - whatever fits. Garmont Shoguns do very nicely for me
DPS W105s and TLT Speeds for if there will be an emphasis on the uphill - ridiculously light, perfect for soft snow and steeps.
DPS 112s and Dukes for more general lift served use - awesome ski, sturdy binding, won't kill you going uphill

if i had a bit more confidence in the F12, I'd swap that for the Dukes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Both pairs .......

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L75szKiN8Bg/S59low0KOpI/AAAAAAAAD_U/slMNh_tH4lg/s400/Bikini_Skiing_20.jpg
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chairlift up is my ideal for touring
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I agree the DF Titan ultra light look interesting, I need to go and try some on to see if they fit. I have been on Garmont Radiums and they are great but have taken a beating, they will probably last another season unless I win the lottery. As for the ski's I have been on a pair of Scott missions with TLT FT's for touring and have a pair of S7's with barons on them for ski hill use. I have grown to love the dynafits but want a fatter, stiffer ski to replace the missions which are on their last legs. Apparently the new Coombacks are a bit stiffer but not sure what else there is that is similar, preferably with flat tail rather than twin tip. I have now discovered DPS thanks to this post. look great, how do they ski? Have never seen them in europe.
Any advice would be good.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm in the Garmont Radium, picked solely on fit but the (lack of) weight has proved to be a bit of a bonus.

New skis arrived in July (DPS 112RP). Last year I toured on Whitedot Preachers.

Re: binding, perhaps consider the QuiverKiller or Dynaduke plate options? I've got the plates so can swap between Dynafiddles and Dukes on the DPS (good conditions) and the Preachers (early / late season, rocks, heavy crud)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy