Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kranjska gora budget alternative

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys. My wife, 5 year old daughter and I have been to Kranjska Gora the last couple of years and are looking for a change of scene for next year. Had a Google around but to be honest every resort gets mixed reviews.
We love Kranjska but we've explored the whole piste now and are ready for a change.

Important factors Smile
Budget! - Slovenian type pricing would be good, couldn't really pay much more than this.
No massive premium for a Christmas stay. This year we went for Christmas and it was actually cheaper which was good.
Lots of easy slopes-my wife isn't the most confident skiier.
Town-ideally a pretty town.
Snow quality--we got a bit stung in Kranjska this year by poor snow.

I know that we can't necessarily have it all but do you guys have any good recommendations for us.
Appreciate all the advice Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Deacon wrote:
Hi guys. My wife, 5 year old daughter and I have been to Kranjska Gora the last couple of years and are looking for a change of scene for next year. Had a Google around but to be honest every resort gets mixed reviews.
We love Kranjska but we've explored the whole piste now and are ready for a change.

Important factors Smile
Budget! - Slovenian type pricing would be good, couldn't really pay much more than this.
No massive premium for a Christmas stay. This year we went for Christmas and it was actually cheaper which was good.
Lots of easy slopes-my wife isn't the most confident skiier.
Town-ideally a pretty town.
Snow quality--we got a bit stung in Kranjska this year by poor snow.

I know that we can't necessarily have it all but do you guys have any good recommendations for us.
Appreciate all the advice Smile

Contact Clive at Reka Hisa near Bled
[url=http://www.rekahisa.com/winter-activities/skiingandsnowboardingholidays][/url]

You can do variety of Slovenia resorts and have great food in the evening too, transfers and ski hire etc all included.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds good, I'll give it a Google Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.rekahisa.com/winter-activities/skiingandsnowboardingholidays
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This winter was a bit so so in Slovenia... well ok not so so, but complete shi**t. High temperatures pretty much whole winter, basically no natural snow etc. But at least it was sunny most of time Smile
Kranjska Gora is nice place, but as far as skiing goes, it's very very limited. If I would recommend place, I would certainly recommend Krvavec. It's still not anything like big Austrian resorts, but it's bigger and more variety then Kranjska Gora.
If you would think about this option, drop me a note, as we are running small apartment in Kranj (https://www.booking.com/hotel/si/goldenfields-apartment.html) and could be able to help with that Wink It's some 15min from Krvavec and pretty much in middle if you decide to try some other resorts during stay (Stari Vrh, Cerkno, Vogel, Kranjska Gora).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd have a look at Kopaonik. Not the prettiest town in the world but not bad, and fits the bill for relatively easy skiing without breaking the bank.

Quite a few friends have done both and rated Kopaonik as a better resort, but that may be patriotism clouding impartiality.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll look into them. Love kranjska gora but it was such a shame the snow wasn't great this year, even though other resorts nearby had lots.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Andorra.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ooh that's an idea. I went to Andorra about 15 years ago. I stayed in Pas dela casa, which to be honest wasn't as pretty as Slovenia. Do you know of any pretty resorts along the lines of kranjska gora?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
t4tomo wrote:

[url=http://www.rekahisa.com/winter-activities/skiingandsnowboardingholidays][/url]

You can do variety of Slovenia resorts and have great food in the evening too, transfers and ski hire etc all included.

I had seen this provider recommended in another thread. I tried to contact them to make some enquiries on the UK telephone number on their website but it goes to a travel company (Gullivers I think) who deny knowing Reka Hisa at all or the Mrs Brennand listed as the contact on their website? Do they exist?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jasna, Slovakia. Its not a chocolate box resort and the town nearby (Liptovsky Mikulas) isnt either but the mountain has always been good when i've been. Alot of money has been ploughed in to the lift system since i was last over. Try Paul at propaganda snowboards.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Deacon wrote:
Ooh that's an idea. I went to Andorra about 15 years ago. I stayed in Pas dela casa, which to be honest wasn't as pretty as Slovenia. Do you know of any pretty resorts along the lines of kranjska gora?

Ax Les Thermes.

Famous for its hot sulfur springs.

Often gets overlooked.

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How about Bansko? Prices look good, and the skiing seems a little more extensive than Kranjska. Is the snow as reliable, and is it family friendly?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is there a good website to compare snow history too Smile sorry for all the questions Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.alpenfrieden-kappl.at
great value and great skiing. Good for your daughter's age. If you can get to Innsbruck cheaply it could work out good value
snow conditions
ster wrote:
t4tomo wrote:

I had seen this provider recommended in another thread. I tried to contact them to make some enquiries on the UK telephone number on their website but it goes to a travel company (Gullivers I think) who deny knowing Reka Hisa at all or the Mrs Brennand listed as the contact on their website? Do they exist?

Clivejudge{AT}hotmail.com obviously with an "@" and he definitely exists, I was out there last year Very Happy

the number you saw may be out of date
ski holidays
It must have been. Wonder why they didn't change it. Must be beating business off with a stick if they aren't worried about details like that. We’re sorted for this season, maybe next if I remember to try them again.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy