Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just got new skis last year and they are going to get wrecked!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, I just splashed out on some K2 skis last year for about £550. I went up to scotland to try them out and they were so awesome, the only complain i would have is that they are so heavy to carry around the parking lot, but apart from that i love it!

What i was going to ask is, how am i supposed to look after them? After the 1st day skiing i wiped them down in the car park with a old tshirt, but the ice in my bindings i couldnt get out, so the next day i got them out the bag and noticed that the water had gotten onto the blades and there was small patches of rust !! Are they damaged FOREVER?!

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sainter, You probably only need to have the skis serviced. A few rust mark on the edges are not usually an issue. While skiing, on a daily basis, wipe and dry the skis, an edge trick tool to re-poish the edges and a coat of zardoz should keep them OK. Have them kept dry back at home, not a damp garage or shed, and get them a decent service dependant upon damage.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the advice, im very new to skiing.

So i should put the zardoz on the metal part ALSO? and if i put zardoz on the base of my skis, wont they go really fast? I hate going fast lol, for now.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zardoz will protect the edges as well as act as a lubricant. It will stop the edges rusting overnight.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Awesome thanks, I will order some of that off the internet and use it next time I go skiing! I want to keep these skis for a long time so dont want them getting all rusty..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Misleading thread title - I thought it was a statement of intent and was looking forward to photos of cliff hucking carnage wink

Best not to put skis in bag or whatever until they are dry IME but rust has bug all impact.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob wrote:
Misleading thread title - I thought it was a statement of intent and was looking forward to photos of cliff hucking carnage wink

Me too. Shame, really.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nothing to worry about. You will probably find the rust comes off next time you ski anyway, it really doesn't matter. TBH I reckon those suggestions are overkill - after skiing just leave the skis to drip dry inside, no need for anything else. I wouldn't leave the skis stored in a damp place for a long time, but overnight in a bag will be fine if leaving the skis in the car or something.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sainter, Even if the Zardoz does make 'em slide a little faster the effect will be short-lived, if you don't use them year to year anyway you will probably not be able to remember how they were skiing the previous years anyway - I know I can't! Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A quick rub with a Gummy Stone gets rid of rust spots.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy