Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Mission 2012 - twin tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

These look like being my skis for the new season

http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/scott/mission-1.html

The question I have is are they true twin-tips or just semi-twin and will I be able to ride the whole mountain and maybe do a little park but really just want the ability to slide a box and ride switch out of it.

Any other ski suggestions would be good, particularly like K2, Movement and Scott.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I tried them out at a test and from what i saw they were not twin tips, more freeride orientated with a slight rocker. I also tried Scott Punishers and they were defo real twin tips, maybe they would be worth a look?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They're not full twins, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue for what you describe. Punishers are effectively the same ski but with a twin tail - very fun and playful ski too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree, the Punisher is effectively a twin tip Mission, very versatile, watch out for the two version though - Standard and JIB. I have used the standards and loved 'em, the JIB version is a little more park specific, so if you want a versatile all-mountain ski I would go with the standard one, dont have the catalogue here at home to let you know the difference, from memory I think the JIB was a dead centre balanced twin tip, and had some extra pop in the core for jibbing, but don't quote me! Will have some next week so I will take a look wink

ScottyDog
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
roscoeh, Interesting top sheet... you don't want to be sitting on a swinging chair lift looking down at those the morning after the night before.. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My skis have looked like that a few times. Once famously so bad I put them back in the rack, took my boots off and went to the bar.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks,

Yes I see the Jib version, some good deals on last years version. I quite like the paint job.

Looks like I will get the Scott Punishers (regular) seems to do everything I want, I tried the 2012 Neos and loved them, the only other alternatives are k2 sight or domain.

The only thing I am concerned about is the length (me 74kg) I would not normally ski a 172 but I heard you can ski them a bit longer?

Ross
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If Scott Punishers are a Scott Mission with a twin tip why is there such a big difference in price Ski Bartletts are doing 2012 Missions for £449.00 and Punishers for £381.00
Whats the disadvantage of twin tips apart from needing longer skis and being a pain on bubble lifts
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Punishers have always been far softer then missions...great for bazzing around, but not a great park ski if rails and boxs are your thing. but keep them sharpe and waxed then they are happy (with a bit of flex) to nail icey blacks or crave nice arches on glorious reds. no real problems on lifts..most lifts are pretty okay untill 100mm plus...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

The only thing I am concerned about is the length (me 74kg) I would not normally ski a 172 but I heard you can ski them a bit longer?

I demoed them a couple of years back when I was 68kg, and the 172 was perfect. At 72kg now (and a better skier than I was then), I'd take the size up. Twins ski 5cm shorter than the equivalent length flat tail. 172 won't be too long for you (Punishers are pretty easy to ski anyway).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999 wrote:
Quote:

I demoed them a couple of years back when I was 68kg, and the 172 was perfect. At 72kg now (and a better skier than I was then), I'd take the size up. Twins ski 5cm shorter than the equivalent length flat tail. 172 won't be too long for you (Punishers are pretty easy to ski anyway).

+1

I have got 172 punishers and am 5,11, and weigh 70kg - I'm far from amazing and they are really easy at this length, in fact, like Matt has said, I could even consider a touch longer at times. Also as papasmurf said - they are relatively soft - I was messing around on some 179 Crusades last year and they were seriously hard work. Punishers are (for me), a perfect all rounder, fairly soft (I'm light for my height), absolutely amazing in variable snow conditions, eg crud and spring, and do still hold an edge OK on an icy black. They're not super powerful, good fun all rounder, great for landings too.They are tough on many lifts though - I tend to use the snowboard bit and put them in side by side, have found a lot of the racks leave them hanging on by a tip with me looking out of the window worrying all the way up!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy