Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any info re Morzine please

Poster: A snowHead
Seems like our usual group are heading off to Morzine. Never been so what is the deal?
According to the Where to ski and Snowboard bible (2002 edition) it’s low and not snow sure- we thinking of going mid-end of January so hopefully we will be ok with snow.
A few questions:
One of the group is a nervy third weeker- are there enough very easy green/blue pistes to gain confidence?
Where to Ski mentions that the village is quite spread out, where is the best place to stay or is the bus service good enough?
Enough in the town to keep babysitting grandparents busy?
Morzine or Les Gets ??
Cheers
Louis
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Louis wrote:
Seems like our usual group are heading off to Morzine. Never been so what is the deal?
According to the Where to ski and Snowboard bible (2002 edition) it’s low and not snow sure- we thinking of going mid-end of January so hopefully we will be ok with snow.
A few questions:
One of the group is a nervy third weeker- are there enough very easy green/blue pistes to gain confidence?
Where to Ski mentions that the village is quite spread out, where is the best place to stay or is the bus service good enough?
Enough in the town to keep babysitting grandparents busy?
Morzine or Les Gets ??
Cheers
Louis

Hi Louis,

Morzine will be fine in January. Fairly recent trip report here from me http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1514140&highlight=morzine+rude#1514140

From Morzine you have access to higher altitude Avoriaz by just getting on a lift and a big ski area, so there is going to be no problem with snow cover. There will be plenty, worst case you are going to be getting a lift back down the mountain, which is no big inconvenience (we did exactly this on the trip above when it got slushy)

Yes, there are loads of blues and greens around Morzine and surrounding areas.

The bus service is fine, regular, but I'd reccomend trying to get as close as you can to the main lift for ease of getting up the mountain. It is also close to the town centre for other stuff.

There is plenty in Morzine for the family, more than many other ski resorts IMO. I'd go for Morzine over Les Gets, but either is fine for all of the above.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Monium, Just what I was looking for, many thanks Very Happy
snow report
 sesilam89
sesilam89
From Morzine you somebody gain to higher elevation Avoriaz by retributory exploit on a steal and a big ski country, so there is feat to be no problem with snowfall covering. There present be plenty, pip covering you are deed to be exploit a lift backward downfield the mountain, which is no big worriment (we did just this on the move above when it got slushy)

Flowers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^ er... yeah. Puzzled

Anyway, Louis, the Where to ski and Snowboard bible has indeed been saying that for many years and those of us who go to Les Gets and environs every year are quite happy to let the world keep on believing it. wink My OH is far from enthusiastic about skiing etc but we still manage to drag her out for a few hours, and when she's not skiing she's quite happy schlopping around the shops and looking at the pretty views, hot chocolate etc.

Morzine is fairly spread out so check on the village map where you'll be stayin,g to either a) not book there, or b) check there's a bus stop nearby. The skiing itself though is all exceedingly well interconnected.

You'll be fine. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The best location in the PdeS - Les Gets one side and Avoriaz, Chatel, Swiss Wall the other.

Buses are key - getting the bus to the Avoriaz sector is better in my view - either Montriond up to the Chatel sector or the lift up to Avoriaz, name forgotten. Takes you direct into the skiing whereas the bubble up from Morzine takes you to Avoriaz via other lifts and some rather boring pistes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andyph, countryman,
thank you
L
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi there
I've just moved to Morzine to live... lots going on with serious mountain biking at the moment. I have come ski-ing here for the last 10 years in and around Morzine and Avoriaz. I'm setting up a local "living in Morzine" forum where I'll post news, events and classified too hopefully. www.morzine-forum.com. If you need any help finding things out then let me know... give me something to do and get me away from the pc!
Helen
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Morzine is a superb village, good bars, clubs restaurants and shops. The only thing I would say about the skiing on the Les Gets side is "it's the only resort I have got lost in" This was about 8 yrs back (things may have changed) but the signs were almost non existant. I was with a skier who had skied the area numerous times but we had to ask someone how to get back to Morzine. Once we knew, it was easy but without that help we'd have been in trouble.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As usual, I think it depends on the place you end up staying in. Some of the chalets here are literally next to the lifts, and those which are not have a charming little ski train (long winding thing on wheels but looks like a cute train) to get them around town and between the major lifts. Once you're up one of the lifts then it's tons of ski-ing all day up there, and then ski down last thing back to Morzine. It's also got quiet bits and active bits at night... and everything is within walking distance.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michael B, very good signage in Les Gets, mostly pointing the way to Morzine Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Morzine, les gets, avoriaz is a great area, if you need a town with stuff to do though its going to have to be morzine of those 3, theres not a lot in les gets or avoriaz.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Louis, when we were there in march this year it was basicallly green fields with a monster queue up to Avoriaz. I expect it would be better in January, but if it's an option, why not just stay in Avoriaz in the first place?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Louis, January should be fine. It should at least be cold enough for the snow machines. I would try and get some accommodation near the centre of morzine. If you do need to get the bus maybe use a hire shop that has a good store for your skis and boots overnight. We used one near the pleny lift last year. My mate got hire stuff and the owner let me leave my skis there overnight which worked well. Lots of listed to explore and lots going on in a proper town, not just there for the ski season.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The snow pipes were being tested yesterday on Pleney Smile Check this out!
http://www.morzine-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1032&sid=81eecaa0e523aaee0177932903d3bb90
snow report
Thanks for all the helpful info
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy