Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lithuania's in and outdoor slope to open on 26th August

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The new snowslope in Lithuania, which has both in and outdoor slopes, has its grand opening later this month. Druskininkai Snoras Snow Arena's slopes and snowboarding park are arranged over an area of 8 hectares. The snow at the site is being made by using PowderStar Series technology. The indoor slope will be open all year round, while the outdoor one will run once temperatures fall below 5 degrees centigrade....For more info, see: http://www.snowarena.lt/en/apie_mus/naujienos?Events_page_nr=0&Events_item_id=
For discussion about this on the forum, see: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53420
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Opening day

http://youtube.com/v/RCpdGojie98
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very nice, although looks like they didn't have quite enough time before opening day to make enough snow to cover all the slope. Great facility and would be nice to have something that size in the UK.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They rushed the opening for sure, and it was months behind schedule when they did. That happens a lot with this sort of construction I think. I went to the Eden Project about a fortnight after it opened, and it was half just big troughs full of dirt because the plants hadn't grown yet. Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Everything will be all set in time
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's profound, man.

Like, whoah.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paulio wrote:
They rushed the opening for sure, and it was months behind schedule when they did. That happens a lot with this sort of construction I think. I went to the Eden Project about a fortnight after it opened, and it was half just big troughs full of dirt because the plants hadn't grown yet. Smile
Hemel underestimated how long it would take to make sufficient snow. Pre-opening testing was delayed by a week or two IIRC. It was all in ready for the official opening, but I think they planned to have a soft-opening with staff and friends using the facility to identify snagging issues.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar wrote:
Great facility and would be nice to have something that size in the UK.

Too right, not sure why nobody with clout has realized this but a centre like that would be fantastic ... in the meantime though we'll be getting 210 metres over this way (and having seen the plans and spoken to the guy in charge it's a proper 210m rather than their being creative with the measurements) so I can't complain too much Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
roga, Are you referring to the proposed fridge at Weston-S-Mare? I too have seen some details on that, and the planning permission has just been granted only a week or so ago - looks pretty good. Shame the proposed Snoasis development near Ipswich keeps getting delayed,... and delayed,... and delayed.... Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
scubadancer, yeah that's the one I'm referring to - a relief to see something being planned (and hopefully shortly to start being built) that's approaching the sort of length we really need in the UK!

Snoasis has become one of those I'll believe it when it happens projects, far too much messing around and too many delays to be taken seriously yet IMHO.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
roga, Yes, a real shame about Snoasis. The plans I saw for that place described a 400m slope. I managed to track down a PR chap from the project last August (2010), following an enquiry to a local planning official, who told me via email that the Project 'would be open by Q2, 2014 and they were working on a new website which should be up in September'... Well, here we are in September - a year later - and no sign of a new internet presence.

Still, the WSM site looks for more believable, and I'll look forward to visiting when it opens Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy