Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tamworth Snowdome Meetup - 20/08/11 14:00

Poster: A snowHead
scubadancer,
Hi mate,
Me and lee will be booking the trip tomorrow and we're very excited. Yeah think there is still spaces left think to take your own board/ski's is £35 both way's and they've up the weight to 15kg.
i think all in it comes to 677.
Emmeline, Sorry, we didn't realise you already paid will get you several beers for your trouble.

BCjohnny, Hi mate let us know the date's when your going and we'll tag along.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
aaron6370, Nice one fella, I'm sorely tempted to join you boys on that. Unfortunately the dates clash with a trip to South Africa I'm on next year which is why I never looked at it seriously. Am sure you'll both have a great time though! In the meantime, keep 'em peeled for another Tamworth or Chill Factor-e snowHead meet up.

Emmeline, Wish I hadn't told you that now.... Not that I'm tight or anything, but the whole sorry bloomin' episode cost me 60p wink

BCjohnny, Shimmy Alcott, Yep, defo up for something in October - I'll keep an eye out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
scubadancer, come along you can pop to south africa later Very Happy
Never mind maybe next time buddy.
But yeah tamwoth/ chill factor meets, we'll be there.

Mind you on about the barrier, my window packed up so i tried to reach round my door and pop the ticket in and get moving before the barrier came down.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So how about Saturday 24th September for a Tamworth meet?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't do 24th (but don't let that stop you!) although I would be interested if you end up doing another date.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fine by me.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi, Sad

will keep you updated if we go with another date

Just going to get the general feel for the date then I'll put it up in Events
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
aaron6370, no worries - am just glad you came along and enjoyed it Very Happy A few beers would never go amiss though - teehee!

scubadancer, 60p!! Gutted for you mate Wink

Those barriers can be a nightmare - I hate having to remember where I've put my car park pass, or even worse I know where it is but it's got so soggy I can't feed it into the slot!

Shimmy Alcott, 24th is good for me, but can do other dates if we can't get enough interest. 30th might be out as my mate's son's band are playing locally, and I said I'd be there to support them.

maggi, hope we can sort out a date you can make, if not maybe we can look at October/November...

BCjohnny, without wanting to cast aspersions - sounds like you're easy Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Emmeline, accommodating......

Possibly the only date I'll struggle with is the 17th.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BCjohnny, that's what I meant!

Just worked out that the 30th is a Friday, annoyingly though it becomes October the next day so unless we do some wheedling, those vouchers won't be usable.
24th is looking best, though I know maggi can't do that. We could always do the first weekend in Sept - but that's only round the corner!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The 24th probably suits me best, in all honesty. Sorry maggi. Confused
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shimmy Alcott, sort it out for the 24th!! We'll get the camera out next time! Team Tamworth!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ok. I'll put a thread up in Events for the 24th. Sorry Maggi Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll be down in Cornwall on the 24th September, but will defo be around for dates in October & November for sure...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shimmy Alcott, Emmeline,
Yeah 24th is good, we'll be there.
ski holidays
I pm'd Hells Bells last night to get a thread in Events, no reply yet. Dont know if she is on holiday??? If any other mod can sort it it would be appreciated. Ta.
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, you can start your own thread in the events section, although it wont be a sticky. You just have to keep pimping it to keep it in view. I've already committed to going to HH on the 24th otherwise I might have popped across. Will this be a one off or are 'Team Tamworth' planning on doing others. I'd be interested if so.
latest report
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=78829

Snakeskin Si, sorry you cant make it. Hopefully we will have a couple more this season!
latest report
Shimmy Alcott,
Quote:

Hopefully we will have a couple more this season!

I Hope so too. Enjoy snowHead

Not bad...... a mod sets up your thread and guvnor attends your opening ceremony.
ski holidays
Quote:

Not bad...... a mod sets up your thread and guvnor attends your opening ceremony

yes, he just doesnt know it yet Laughing
latest report
Shimmy Alcott, coolio! Looking forward to the 24th - thanks. I'll get the word out on Powder Junkies and invite some of my mates too. Exciting stuff Very Happy
snow report
Emmeline,

Have just had a voucher e-mailed to me so i can get two people in for £19 (4 including me and lee) on saturday 24th sept.
Hope this helps.

cheers

Az
latest report
Emmeline, canoeing was a wash out... rained most of the morning and we had to drop the wives off in a pub half way after they capsized twice, then had to get them rescued as the landlord was atrocious.

Hope you all had a good time.
Wish we had come skiing - to make up we went to Tamworth on the Sunday and had a great afternoon.... Laughing Laughing 3 hours was so much better than trying to make the most of 1 hour - we could have a rest and take our time, my wife improved he technique and I got my son to pole a little. I must admit that a tabogganing session after would be great fun....

We now have just received a e-voucher for September - although I noticed they didn;t take much notice of our August voucher, they just struck a biro though the printed out voucher, so if I am hoping we can sneak back in before the end of August by just re-printing the August voucher out & re-using it. We are trying to get our friends to learn to ski on our e-vouchers as it will save them money and they can then ski with us next year......

We would love to meet up with other Snowheads at Tamworth (it is only an hour & a half up the road) but once we get into September it gets busy, as my son plays rugby on Saturdays for his school & Sundays for the local club - we may go on a Friday night as one of his school mates goes then. We will try to keep an eye on the dates and see if we can queeze in an afternoon.
See if you can get a moderator to place dates as a sticky (is that the term on this forum ?) so we don;t have to read thro' all the text to see agreed dates ??

All the best
Noisey
snow report
aaron6370, cool Very Happy Got a voucher myself, only for 1 person though. Am sure we'll get everyone sorted out. Looking forward to it.

noisey, gutted - if it's any consolation I just spent a long weekend being rained on in Cumbria at a festival!
Good to hear you had a good experience on the Sunday at Tamworth - it really does help to have that extra time, an hour is just too short.

Hope you manage to get your friends in ok. For some reason I've not received many vouchers, maybe my membership has run out!!

Shimmy Alcott has sorted out an event on 24th September (see link below), and we'll hopefully sort an October meetup as well Very Happy

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=78829
snow report
Emmeline, Couldn;t get in on my vouchers yesterday, used the August one already (it turns out it was me that wasn't paying attention !! D'oh) and I couldn;t use the September one, as it isn;t September yet !!).
So my son & I got in for 2 hours - 3 hour with vouchers is so much better as it isn;t such a rush, we kept going for the full 2 hours and I could hardly walk after.... foot cramps, normally when skiing you get a rest on various chair lifts & stopping for coffee / Vin Chaud but when trying to get the biggest bang for your buck, without stopping, it just hurts !!!.... Double D'oh.
My wife stuck for 1 hour and was fine.
It was a bit busier that previous but okay.

My son;t school doesn;t start back until the 7th where as all the locals go back on the 5th so we may sneak up to use up our September voucher when everyone is back to school or we will try to join in on the 24th.

We aren;t members either, it may be because my wife had a 1 to 1 coaching session there earlier in the year, with the hope to improve her confidence & technique before we return to the slopes at Christmas....

Noisey
snow conditions
noisey, boo about the vouchers! Yeah, 3 hours is good - you can have a rest and chill for a bit in the middle if you like. Hope your feet are ok now Smile

Looks like we might be doing the 25th now, as there's a big Snowboarding event there on the 24th. Keep an eye on the other thread for confirmation.

Ah, that makes sense. Hope the extra sessions are doing the job with your wife, it's so much more enjoyable to ski when you feel confident Smile
snow report
Emmeline, thanks for keeping all updated!!!
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, no probs - I'll get some updates out on FB & PJunkies, as it's looking likely 25th is confirmed Very Happy Cheers for sorting.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Emmeline,

Hi

Not going to be able to make the 25th, sorry.
But we'll be going this weekend (3/9/11) if any one would like to meet up.

cheers
snow conditions
aaron6370, aaaah - flip! Think we'll have to start getting people to give their availability for October/November so we can arrange something for then.

Can't make Saturday, and Sunday is looking pretty unlikely - think I'll be there Wednesday, but that's skiiers only night (I know, it's Snowboarderist!).
snow conditions
Emmeline,

Skiers only??? Sad i'm hurt.

Only joking, yeah no worries, will look forward to the meet in oct/nov.

See you then.
latest report
aaron6370, I know - it's wrong! Cool - we'll sort something for the next couple of months. Take it easy for now Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy