Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tamworth Snowdome Meetup - 20/08/11 14:00

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I'm arranging a few hours slope time at the Tamworth Snowdome, with the possibility of a few drinks & food afterwards. Skiing/Snowboarding will be from 14:00 to 17:00, and we'll probably stay on a couple of hours.

The event is being arranged on behalf of the Powder Junkies Meetup group - details can be found below:

http://www.meetup.com/Powder-Junkies/events/26316531/

Anyone is welcome to come along though, the more the merrier, and I might be able to get some discounts.

If you fancy coming, please either reply to this thread, PM me directly, or (even better) join the Powder Junkies Meetup group and RSVP 'Yes' to the event. Powder Junkies (UK) also have their own Facebook page Smile

Hope to see people there snowHead

Cheers,
Emm.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't think I can come, but the Snowdome people were handing out "3 hours for £19" vouchers at Canwell. last week. Might be a good starting point for you when negotiating!

snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Chris Bish, whereabouts in Canwell were they handing these vouchers out? Them's members prices! Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Emmeline, It was at the agricultural show last Saturday. They had a bit of a display on. Nice effort, I thought: a pile of snow and some gear to try on. Mini-snowboards for the kids. What I thought was that if they are handing those out they might be a bit short of custom. Worth a try!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ahah Chris Bish, I thought it might be the show, that display sounds ace! I'll give them a ring tonight and see if they've got any vouchers left.
Thanks very much Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Emmeline, I'd love to come but we have booked canoeing down the Wye that day with friends - we may come if it is called off.
Have a good time.
We were sent the £19 vouchers via email - they have a code on them, that are presumably unique, possibly sent as a result of having booked a lesson via internet earlier this year.
Noisey
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Emmeline, Would like to give it a go, but will need to see how it goes.

Telford ? Do you get to the slope there ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
noisey, cheers - I'll give the Snowdome a call later and see if they can send me some vouchers Smile Canoeing down the Wye sounds great, not canoed for years!

AndAnotherThing.., cool - let me know if you think you can make it. I learned to ski on the dry slope in Madeley actually, it's only 5 mins down the road. I don't often go nowadays because the slope isn't long enough, and I end up picking up bad turning habits cos there's too much 'stick'. It's ace when it's covered in snow though Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sad Sad Sad Sad Snowheads at Tamworth and I'm at Clumber Park for an 80s music festival!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep, I'm a member at Tamworth and I think I'm free this Saturday, so may well come along for the afternoon Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't hit the slope, but might just struggle along, circumstances permitting.

I've also a voucher that allows four people the £19 for 3hrs deal. PM me if you want the voucher code (valid and of Aug), but obviously it would serve a party of four better than a party of two.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davkt, hope you enjoy the festie! Think I've chosen a bad weekend for a meetup - the V festival is on this weekend too!

scubadancer, cool - would be great if you could let me know nearer the time, I'm not overly sure what the best way of making sure we all meet up is. Think I'll get there early and bag a table or something. I'll let people know in advance what horrendous colour pants I'll be wearing, haha!

BCjohnny, oh - sounds like you've got an injury Sad I'll PM you as those vouchers would come in handy Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PM sent.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Emmeline, I would come along except I'm busy that weekend to. Maybe next time. Have fun.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dwarf Vader, best user name I've seen Very Happy I'll probably arrange another one later on, gets more expensive after August but am sure we can sort something.

BCjohnny, PM sent Very Happy
ski holidays
Emmeline wrote:
...........I'm not overly sure what the best way of making sure we all meet up is............ I'll let people know in advance what horrendous colour pants I'll be wearing, haha!

Sounds like a friendly way of introducing yourself, unfortunately I can't make it myself, but i would have been the one in the leopard skin boxers Laughing
snow conditions
Haha, rogg, I mean ski pants of course - crikey, its warmer than the Alps but not that warm! Arf....
snow conditions
Emmeline wrote:
davkt, hope you enjoy the festie! Think I've chosen a bad weekend for a meetup - the V festival is on this weekend too!

scubadancer, cool - would be great if you could let me know nearer the time, I'm not overly sure what the best way of making sure we all meet up is. Think I'll get there early and bag a table or something. I'll let people know in advance what horrendous colour pants I'll be wearing, haha!

BCjohnny, oh - sounds like you've got an injury Sad I'll PM you as those vouchers would come in handy Smile

Well, I'm over 6 feet tall, and I'll wear my snowHead t-shirt - see you in the bar before 2pm!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 19-08-11 15:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
scubadancer, cool - gonna try and get there for about 1ish, just to make sure we all meet each other, get everyone paid up and signed in, and have time to get ski/board/boot hire for those that need it (and maybe have a cheeky half to warm the cockles). I'll post here before the event with details of who, what, where.... etc Very Happy
latest report
Emmeline,
Right ho, in that case I'll try to get there a bit earlier then - always a pleasure to down a quick one before hitting the slope Smile
snow conditions
Oh, and I might sneakily pop to Ellis Brigham beforehand to see what skis they've got for demo - went on the site last night and the new stock is in Very Happy
ski holidays
Will be there with my bro
snow report
aaron6370, great Smile
ski holidays
Emmeline, Just wondering if you'd decided on the colour of your pants for tomorrow yet Puzzled
snow report
scubadancer, I'm thinking white.... matches my gloves Razz
snow report
Emmeline, I'll keep an eye out for those when I arrive then! I'm fairly certain that the £19 offer of which you speak, is aimed at members in any event during the summer - I recall going a few times in June, July & August last year, and it has always been more 'cost effective' during the 'off peak' months. In which case, the vouchers you were talking about may not apply to me as I am already signed up at the snowdome, so I don't think I'll be needing one as the discounts are usually applied automatically at the till. I'm bringing my own boots, but will need to use a pair of their ski's. Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow now, are you a skier or a boarder by the way?
latest report
Emmeline,

Hi

Where do we meet in the dome??

cheers

Az
ski holidays
scubadancer, I'm a skiier, probably gonna demo some skis from Ellis Brigham, but will bring my own skis just in case there's nothing available.
aaron6370, I'm gonna be there from about 1pm, will go to Ellis B and get some demos then will probably be lurking at the top bar, under the TV screen. 5', white ski pants, grey top Smile Gonna book me, you Tom & Paul in now Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
aaron6370, all booked Very Happy £19 each for 3 hours, bargain! See you in 1.5 hours Smile
snow report
Emmeline, Nice one, see you soon Smile
ski holidays
Emmeline, aaron6370, great to meet you both and the others on Saturday Smile We'll defo have to do it again sometime. A real bonus being able to try out offerings from the new ski range as well. Further to part of our conversation in the bar afterwards, you may be interested in the thread accessed by the link below:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=77158&start=120

I would be up for a trip to the Chill Factor-e sometime, as well as hopefully meeting up again in Tamworth of course! Emmeline, did you manage to finish bashing the groom, or was it grooming the bash over the remainder of the weekend?? Nice new ski's btw!
snow conditions
scubadancer, Emmeline,
Great to meet you guy's too. am looking forward to the next meet.

What did you make of the ski's scubadancer?
ski holidays
aaron6370, I thought the first pair I had were the better ones - Atomic XTO10's 171cm, definitely lighter and more flex in 'em. The 168cm Salomon RX800 Enduro's were a little heavy by comparison for my liking. Did you and Lee manage to get any joy with the Andorra trip - any spaces left?
snow report
Hope it went well and the vouchers came in handy. There has been a snowheads meet up in Tam for the last couple of years, Sept/Oct time IIRC, but I couldn't make the last one.

I've a voucher for next month too, so has a mate, so if any of the people on this thread, and/or the usual suspects (you know who you are wink ) are up for it, there are six, maybe seven 3hrs/£19 vouchers going. I'll be sliding by then, and as it's my birthday also, might just let you buy me a pint..........
snow conditions
scubadancer, great to meet you all, had a great time. Must have been a bit too 'confused' though Blush , as I forgot I'd actually paid for aaron6370, and his brother up front til I got home and realised I had 2 unused tickets in my bag - oops, haha! Oh well, I'll arrange it better next time.

Thanks for the link re: CFe, I can't go onto the Doodle thing at the moment, will check it when I get home. September is looking relatively free (though think I'm in Hitchin the second weekend so will probably go to the Hemel Snowcentre for an Inside Out clinic), October I'm away on hols for a bit but depending on dates, may be able to do something. Otherwise I'll probably be looking at November for another Tamworth trip or CFe.

Dunno about bashing the groom, just ended up bashing a few brain cells - note to self 'know when to go to bed', haha! Was good for nothing Sunday!

Thanks re: skis, possibly a bit long for banging around the Snowdome but they'll be fine on the mountain, and cheap enough that I won't be panicking about them getting damaged etc. Just need to build my arm muscles up so I can carry the flipping things without doing meself a mischief Wink

BCjohnny, had a great time cheers - voucher did come in handy, but as you can see by my comment above, I managed to mess things up royally with the booking. Thought I had it all sorted, then got so excited when people started turning up that I forgot I'd bought them tickets, haha!

Looking forward to doing another one now Smile
snow report
BCjohnny, sorry - forgot to say thanks for the info re: the Snowheads meet. Would definitely be up for that - as above though, there are some dates I can't make. I'm a member but I don't think the £19 lasts beyond August for me, so would need a voucher - I'll swap one for your birthday pint!
snow conditions
BCjohnny, snowHead

Wed be up for a Sept/Oct meet again
snow report
Emmeline, Don't worry, you weren't alone in the cock up stakes - if it makes you feel any better I made the classic Tamworth 'schoolboy error' last Saturday, of leaving my pass in the locker after I'd closed it, and, not content with that faux-pas, went back and took my car park ticket to the entrance instead of my pass - much to the obvious and expected amusement of the barrier attendant Embarassed
ski holidays
Shimmy

Kinda hoped you'd chime in, and maybe pick up the baton wink . Just re-checked the other voucher and it is valid until end of September, so if anyone wants to benefit from it, and the other one, it needs to be redeemed next month.

Emmeline, pint's not mandatory, but I doubt it would be refused.
snow report
scubadancer, hahahahahaha, brilliant!!! Toofy Grin

Shimmy Alcott, BCjohnny, dates I can't do are 10th/11th September. Can try and help arrange something (away this weekend though).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy