Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trees flatten ski lift in Vermont storm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A severe thunderstorm in Vermont, eastern USA, has hit the Cochran Ski Area causing serious damage to a ski lift. A pylon collapsed and a cable has been brought to the ground by the weight of fallen trees.

It is thought that a 'microburst' (severe downdraft) generated the high winds that flattened the trees.

Cochran Ski Area was founded in 1961 and operates on a non-profit basis, primarily to race-train young skiers. Barbara Ann Cochran, a member of the family which founded the resort, won the slalom gold medal at the 1972 Winter Olympics in Sapporo, Japan.

This report from Burlington Free Press.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah! Vermont and skiing. Never felt the urge to go there - but love the song.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I ended up skiing in Vermont without any particular determination to be there. My sister lives in NY State, and got married on Manhattan a few years back. It was April, so we thought "Hey, let's go skiing!".

We flew to Burlington and skied Stowe (very nice place, good mountains and scenery), Sugarbush (a bit smaller, but excellent terrain, again) and Killington (biggest, but a horrendous urban sprawl of a place - IMHO).

All in all, it was a pleasant surprise. There are some testing runs. I think the thing to do is avoid the notorious low temps and ice of earlier in the winter. We caught it at the tail end. There were few skiers around, but still plenty of runs open.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy