Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute deals with Esprit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am considering waiting and trying to book a late deal with Esprit not fussy where we go but want to go with them for the childcare. However I dont know if they do last minute deals - never really looked so after se advice from others who have?

The altermative is to book for w/b 16 april but ski conditions april just gone do worry me quite a bit
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
NickyJ, from experience, they do offer late deals. But there is always a risk if the childcare is an absolute requirement. I've skied La Ros with Esprit (guess this is tied in with your other thread) at this time of year. Great skiing until around 3pm when it really can get slushy. Many determining factors of course, but it is South facing predominantly and can get quite patchy late on in the season if earlier snow fall hasn't been great.

Still, if you're committed to that time, then it might be wise to wait as long as possible and keep checking a) their website and b) snow fall.

All fairly obvious I suppose Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The only reason for looking at that week is it is there cheapest and adjacent to a school holiday. We can in theory go any week which is school holiday or adjacent to a school holiday (more likely to get permission)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
YEs they def do late deals but as Chasseur says, childcare may be fully booked. We went last minute Easter 2010 to Selva last week of season (1-8 April) but our kids are beyond the childcare thing only went with Esprit as they were cheap.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Esprit's last minute deals usually include childcare, I know this from following their website for years, corresponding with them (i.e. each time I've discussed a last minute deal with Esprit, childcare was on offer) and of course - taking advantage of two excellent last minute deals.
Their web site has changed this summer, no longer showing the special deals page, but this may be due to the fact that it's too early for this feature. In any case, I think that you're making a smart choice in not committing to a ski resort 4-8 months before the vacation.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ, we went to Alpe D with them in Jan 2010...from chats with other punters seemed like no-one had booked more than 3 weeks in advance and many had got deals via Igluski and suchlike. Their place and setup in Alpe D were pretty good.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
First thing, are you looking to travel on a peak date? If so, then the chances of a late deal coming out is minimal.

If you are looking for a non peak date, they do last minute deals that can be VERY cheap. They price them by family, IE £1999 for a family of 4. Generally speaking kids need to be under 11 to qualify although you can pay a supplement for teenagers.

In spite of a post above, they do not include childcare as part of the deal, you have to add it on at time of booking. Make sure you check availability of childcare before you get excited about a specific resort/property as they often book out.

Generally speaking, offers for Esprit will start coming out earlier than you may think but do not book until 2 or so weeks before to get the best deal.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thankyou, very useful info
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy