Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Creekside

Poster: A snowHead
Strting to look at half term options for Feb, depending on the extent of the "dead cat bounce" we may get to Whistler. Is there a resort bus service between creekside and the village? How far is it between the 2? any info appreciated. snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes regular bus service or walkable in about 30 minutes along the valley trail. You don't need to get to the village for actual skiing but may want to for apres/evening food. Dusty's is ok but more variety doesn't hurt.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi PsychoBabble,

Yep, both resorts are connected by very regular buses and it takes about 5-6 mins.

We've been to Whistler for the last 2 years so if you want any specific information send me a PM.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
As stated the nightime entertainment in is very limited. Regular busses are ok, but do you want to be catching them, when you could just be strolling around the village? And with all the other costs involved, saving a few quid on accomodation isn't going to make much difference.

Personally, when I go back to WB, I'll stop in the village again.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frequent buses but you have to have the correct fare as they don't give you any change it was $2 each trip. Stayed at Creekside 2 winters ago went back to whistler village last year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PsychoBabble wrote:
Strting to look at half term options for Feb, depending on the extent of the "dead cat bounce" we may get to Whistler. Is there a resort bus service between creekside and the village? How far is it between the 2? any info appreciated. snowHead

yes there are buses but you can feel a little isolated. Been to whistler 4 times in last 6 years so drop us a line if you want any advice etc
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are other options than just the intrawest (or whoever runs it now) bars. Hoz's is reputed to do the best burger in town (i know that is controversial) and is at creekside, but on the opposite side of the main road to the lifts. also the lift queues are much smaller at creekside, AND your route home is the dave murry downhill (or peak to creek).
we stayed in creekside and loved it (and it was quieter then). we didn't mind the buses, but i can see how some people would.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
grey, Agreed Southside Diner used to be the best value for food in Whistler, Subway is a handy option for a grab n go lunch to eat in the gondola on a pow day etc etc. As I go mainly for the skiing I'd be quite happy to stay in Creekside if it was materially cheaper - worst case you end up taking a bus home from the village then going in again later. More often I've made it down Blackcomb in time to catch last Village Gondola and enjoyed a quick 5 minute blast down the Dave from the Roundhouse.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PsychoBabble, The other issue is the queue for the only gondola. If you are in the village there are 3 options.

rob and sharon, You never said how you got on last time
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi everyone, thanks for all the info, been stuck into work on pre holiday blitz so only just got chance to look!
We did stay in Whistler village 2 years ago but paid no attention to Creekside at all! However accomodation is a bigger issue this time, the girls will be 16 and 14 and a sofa bed is not going to work! Which means 2 rooms and there is a mahoosive difference in price between the 2 areas! We didnt do much apres last time and found most of the eateries somewhat disappointing!
I suspect that as far as ski schol is concerned it only meets in the village anyway so will probably have to grin and bear the bus ride..UNLESS someone knows of accomodation that meets our requirements in the Village which won't break the bank! snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PsychoBabble, have you looked at alluradirect for appartments? We always stayed at Delta Hotel in a 2 bed suite (you too will need 2 bathrooms if there is that many women involved) ! Is that too expensive for you. Sister stayed at the Best Western Listel which was a good price and very handy for the lifts - have a look at that.

First lift is 8:30 and you would need to get to the lessons at 9 so would be pushing it to gondola up and ski there unless you were front of the Q - bus it is.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi. 8 of us stayed with skiwhistler.co.uk in 2009 - January for 10 nights and had the best winter holiday ever. we stayed in Bluffs at Taluswood #6. Creekside is a cool place, your girls will love it!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PsychoBabble, I've stayed in Creekside before and it was great, never had to queue more than a couple of mins for the gondola and the buses were fine if we wanted to go into the village at night. I also did a lesson one day, the meeting point for that was next to the Roundhouse so it was no problem getting there in time but I guess they won't all be the same. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
vivski, Ah but I bet it was not Feb Half term ! Kids lessons all start at the bottom That age (Ride Tribe) group is at GLC normally - ours really enjoyed it.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jake43 wrote:
PsychoBabble, The other issue is the queue for the only gondola. If you are in the village there are 3 options.

rob and sharon, You never said how you got on last time

Fantastic in short
really good weather after the first day of very high winds, conditions were fantastic and the Pinnacle in Whistler is a lovely little place for couples
Also great people to ski with too. The new knee brace worked a treate

pictures here http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g1037-whister-march-2011.html

Have stayed in the Delta a couple of times and whilst one was great the second was a nightmare, thanks to the noise from all the US teenagers getting drunk in the corridors. Have also stayed over on Blackcomb side which is a lot quieter.
only downside is you are a bit issolated if you want to pop out for a drink in the evening
ski holidays
PsychoBabble,
Have a look at alluradirect.com, you should be able to find something with 2 or more bedrooms.
Though Dusty's is great, and you are close to the Rimrock, I'd personally stay in the Village (Village North is slightly cheaper, but still handy, as is Blackcomb (aka upper village).

Ski school in Whistler meets in a variety of different places depending on the lesson and your level, some at the base of Whistler, but quite a few at the roundhouse on Whistler or Rendevous on Blackcomb, and remember this is N. America, customer is king, so you can probably arrange to meetup with your instructor on the mountain somewhere
snow report
Check out my map of Whistler in Google Earth. It will answer a lot of your questions about locations / distances etc ...
In my sig
latest report
Thank you everybody! Have booked now, not creekside though! Staying at Horstmann house in Blackcomb. 2 bathrooms which with 2 teenage girls SHOULD mean we are out in time for first lifts! Cant wait!
wbsr, very useful thank you. snowHead
ski holidays
wbsr, in fact that is fantastic brought it all back to me from 2 years ago!
ski holidays
PsychoBabble, Glad to see you took my advice - I know you will need them both.... we did.

Bit of a walk in to the main village from there but doable. Save up and go to Hy's for a Steak.
ski holidays
Jake43, Yeah thanks,it's bad enough at home with 2 bathrooms, would be all out war on holiday with only 1. Will look at Hy's, the Mongolian grill got the girls vote last time, they didnt understand the economics of me insisting they only have meat or seafood!
latest report
PsychoBabble, Funny I don't like the Mongolie Grill as my legs are that tired I don't want to stand up and watch people mucking about with my food. I thought they just charged per kg, not sure they care what is in your bowl. If its more sensible pricing you want can't beat the Old Spaghetti Factory or White Spot (not as obvious to find out near bus loop).

Really sad we can't get there this year ... but maybe next season.
ski holidays
Jake43, That was my point, I wanted the girls to put in high value ingredients, I didnt want to be paying the same price for bits of broccoli as for the seafood! Will try both your recommendatios. snowHead
latest report
PsychoBabble, Ah. But surely as a parent you want them to have there 5 a day - you have obviously brought them up too well.

So get all your meat/fish at the grill then pop down the road to the Village Store for a bag of salad.... cunning

Don't for get to book the night before if you want a sensible eating slot at any restaurant in Whistler. You would be very lucky just to turn up and eat anywhere, although it was definitely quiet (eating out) last year... so maybe you can. Like Caramba too.

If you can take or use a computer whilst you are out there it is great "discussing" how far/fast they have been that day as all the "kids" in school are tagged. You can really wind them up.

Oh I do wish we were going this year Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy