Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shin bang blisters! Ouch! :(

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
rockyrobin,
Quote:

If you ever get chance to see a video of you skiing

Seen one 2 or 3 years ago! "A" frame kid, me - but at least I've got rid of the "potty position" Laughing

Linds,
Quote:

maggi, 26th October

Bring it on snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rockyrobin, Did you have the tongues foamed? I didn't as tht would make the boots too firm for all day every day wear. Shame you're not coming to the PSB - I'm sure my bootman would be able to sort you out. Sad

maggi, I'll show you how to get rid of your A frame without sweat at the pSB. No real muscle effort involved. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Linds, Thanks to your Duoderm you sent me my legs as good as new Very Happy Thanks, very kind of you Smile
Only problem I had was getting it off! Shocked Upon peeling it was like trying to wax my legs in slow motion Skullie
About ten minutes clipping the hairs one by one with a pair of nail scissors saved the day. I'm going to shave the shins before next trip sliding so hope I won't have to go through that again.
I'll be winging a PM your way so do keep an eye on your Inbox.

easiski, The liners I had done were the silver coloured "Conformable" ones by Sidas and didn't have an option for the tongues to be foamed. Sounds like its just as well from what you say.
Your mention of the PSB has me thinking. Would be a good opportunity to give my boots some exercise and find any problems before going out in December. Only problem is will I get linched for doing another trip? My family already think i'm taking this sliding mullarky to extremes! Laughing
I'll have a sniff round the PSB thread and have a good think about it. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rockyrobin, I had a similar problem when I used club boots, when after an hour or so my shins became very painful. However, since I brought a pair of ski boots and a pair of Thorlo ski socks with padding on the shin I haven't had the problem. My ski boots are tecnica ALU comp hotform, that give a very snug fit so my leg doesn't move around within the boot, which was the cause of my problem.
Also be careful when bursting blisters as it is very easy to get an infection, especially after a long days skiing or other exercise when the socks get sweaty causing all sort of nasty's building up around the open wound. It might be a good idea to have a little break from skiing until they heal as infections even from minor abrassions can be dangerous. For example, Bret Lee spent a few days in hospital being pumped full of antibiotics last week after a knee graze became infected.
I hope the blisters get better soon.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidb, Thanks for the advice Smile
Fingers crossed i'll not have this problem again.
Luckily my blisters have healed already so will be back in business on Monday.
I have a number of pairs of socks like yours but my bootfitter told me that I would have to wear thin ones for the foamed liners. I'll ask them about this when I go back to have my liners redone.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rockyrobin, did the blister skin fall off or did it stick back down?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
slikedges, I'm not sure what happened to it. It looks like it could have stuck down, but where the bubbles of skin were there's now two very smooth scabs. I'm assuming the new skin will be under there when the scabs drop off.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rockyrobin, assume, or hope? NehNeh
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mark_s, Hehe, hoping doesn't come into it Laughing Got to think positive - it will be there snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rockyrobin, that's exactly what should have happened. When you drain it the blister sticks down and behaves like a skin graft and may 'take', or it simply acts as a dressing for the otherwise exposed underlying tissue then dries and scabs. Either way, you get quicker resolution than not draining it. The risk is infection as if pus forms under the blistered skin and then doesn't drain properly, the overlying blister skin then doesn't stick down and just traps the pus. If that happens, make a bigger hole to ensure drainage and get the remaining skin to stick down. If that doesn't work then take the skin off and accept defeat! Oh, and see the doc, of course!

Anyway, pleased it worked for you! snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
slikedges, Cheers for the extra info and advice, appreciated. I don't think I will be having blister problems again after all the friendly help and advice you guys have offered me.

Cheers guys Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
check out

http://www.shinnies.com/

7.99 and will help with the unfitted boots and poor rental quality
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

check out

http://www.shinnies.com/

Has anyone tried these or is there another recommendation available in the UK. My shins were killing me last year on the last two days of six, almost stopped me totally and definitely dropped me down a couple of notches. I don't want to spring for my own boots this season so I really would appreciate any advice on shin protection.

I know I can google lots of answers but I would be happier trusting the opinion of someone on here who has tried some of the products.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy