Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hardware advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey, just got a job working in st anton over next winter. Therefore i need to pick up some new kit.

Firstly skis:
I'm and intermediate/advanced skier (178cm, 70kg) ski a mix of park/piste/powder and therefore looking for an all mountain twintip.
Not got a massive budget but want something that is going to last well. Been looking at the armarda el ray, k2 kung fujas, line blend, salomon 2012. Want something that's going to be good in the park but not going to let me down in the pow.

Secondly boots:
Also after some boots that will take me everywhere, will a freestyle boot still be good all over the mountain/will a normal boot make park riding more difficult?

As you can probably tell i've not got too much of a clue about kit as i've always just had poor quality hire gear. Any help would be really appreciated
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go to Jennewein near the Galzigbahn when you get there, speak to Geoffrey, see what's in the sale left over from last season, take advantage of the seasonnaires discount, and if you can't afford everything you need you can usually put a deposit (and passport/ID) down and pay over the season. Really you're much better off with two pairs, buy a cheap/second hand/ex demo/previous season all mountain twin here (Scott Punisher/Dynastar Big Trouble - try US ebay for cheap), then getting a pair of proper pow skis in resort (as above) - many of the hire shops in St Anton are willing to sell the fat skis they hired out last season if you ask too. Worth getting avi kit in St Anton too, particularly if you're wanting to head offpiste. Many places there can be quite avi prone.

Boots? Go to somewhere good that comes recommended. Plenty of people on here can give you info about UK fitters if you tell us where you are based, maybe some know of good fitters in Anton too. Tell the fitter what you do, how well you do it (honestly!!!) and what you want to do (you should progress a lot over the season). They will then measure your feet (SHAPE as well as size) and TELL you what boot you should have. It's not worth looking at boots yourself, unless you really know what shape you need/are buying from a v. limited market (ie stiff touring).

Oh, and have fun - St Anton is fkucing awesome!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy