Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stechelberg, Lauterbrunnen Valley

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A group of friends are going to Stechelberg in Feb and I'm debating whether to join them. They've booked into this place:

http://www.alpenhof-stechelberg.ch/pages/en/home.html

It's about 1km from the cable car up to Murren and maybe 3km from Lauterbrunnen for access up to Wengen.

Anyone know it/been there? Is there a regular bus service? How long to drive from Geneva? Is there a big supermarket en-route?

All comments welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jzBun, there's a bus, online Swiss transport sites available.

But there's nothing else there...tiny hamlet...looks to be hostel type accommodation... ~3.5 hours from Geneva ... loads of shopping en route... you're about 45 mins I'd guess from putting your skis on...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a roughly hourly Post Bus that runs between Lauterbrunnen and Stechelberg, though according to the directions the nearest bus stop is a five minute walk away, I think (but I'm not certain) that the post bus may be covered on the ski pass.

Driving from Geneva is going to take a good few hours, if you are flying in it might be easier to take the train from Geneva to Lauterbrunnen, from memory thats about 4 hours, with a couple of changes, one will be at Interlaken Ost (different railway gauge no choice) then you may get a change at Lausanne or Bern, the easier one is changing at Bern. Get a Swiss Transfer ticket and it will cover you all the way to Stechelberg as the post buses are included as well as the trains.

If you must drive there are small supermarkets between the end of the motorway and Stechelberg but for a good sized supermarket Interlaken is your best bet, there's a very big supermarket with plenty of parking right next to Interlaken Ost Station
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy