Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur - Info please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Courmayeur in January on a boy's trip (well, old farts really - all well over 35 but all blokes). It's been a few years since I've been there so a few questions -

What's the best time to beat the crush on the gondola?

Does the Roma still do food for Apres Ski?

Is the Tunnel pizza place still open serving pizza the size of dustbin lids?

Where can we play pool?

Where else shouldn't we miss for Happy Hour, late night drinking etc etc?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Use the new(ish) Gondola at Dolonne instead of the Cable Car, if you are handy for it. We stayed at The Tavernier and it was literally 2 mins walk, tops - there isn't a queue Christmas week so unlikely in January. It goes up to the same place.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tiger2, I was there in January, the Gondola was always crush / queue free around 8'ish. After 8:30 it started to get busy.

Bar Roma still does fantastic free food between 16:00 - 21:00. They also offerred an a la carte menu. The Tunnel still do their .75m Pizza and huge 1.5L glasses of beer. The American bar, on the same road, was ok. We did try some other bars but none had the same ambience as Bar Roma. There was a bar with a pool table on the main drag near the american bar, you should be able to see it through the window.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was there at half-term a couple of years ago. No crowds, no queues but we only used the gondola for getting up the hill, which is speedy. (We are not early starters though!) A day out at Pila was pleasant and on the same pass.

Bar Roma is still doing food early evening and is a good bar. The best pizza we had was, oddly at the bus station cafe. Fresh made and wood oven baked.

Skiing is pleasant though there are not all that many runs.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maison Vieille (bottom of the beginner drag) for lunch. Trust me on this.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.chiecco.com/ better than Maison Vieille by a country mile...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy