Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long run burn - how to minimise

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
john wells, Yeah - I do have a full rest day between sessions and make a double rest once every 8 days or so including the mountain biking. But for stamina and endurance - the best people I've seen are those that are doing intense work as part of their day to day job. Not much recovery time there (and associated high wear 'n tear) but they can put in 10 hours of heavy labour in a days shift. I'd like to see a gym rat cope with a week of that. Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well riverman, I followed your advice, and took it pretty easy with those hill intervals on Wednesday eve: 6 x 200m @ 5 deg, 2 deg recoveries and the full warm up/down. We'll have to wait and see what it does for the skiing - but doesn't seem to have done any harm on the running front at least, if run into work this morning is anything to go by. Little Angel All that *and* a lot less boring than the usual treadmill grind(!) Very Happy Thx
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wizlyn Glad the first session went ok. I think you said you were doing a 1/2 marathon in April, have you done a race before?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No - never - the furthest I've ever raced was 1500m when my games teacher forced me to do it at school! Colleague of mine talked me into it a couple of months ago - glad she did Madeye-Smiley surprised myself at how much I'm enjoying it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wizlyn If you can i would try and do at least one other race , two would be better before your target 1/2 marathon race. This would get you used to the race conditions and give you some idea of the pace you should aim to run at. You should aim to run a 1/2 marathon at even pace ie every mile at the same time (allowing for hills). Try and find a 10k and 10 mile race this will give you the expierence to judge the best pace for you to run a 1/2 marathon in the best comfort
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think you are right, April is actually seeming quite a long way away at the moment! I'll have to find races which don't clash with my skiiing in Jan and Feb - we're snowHeads after all! - but I'm sure the RW directory or something similar will come up with the goods...

You sound like you've run a bit yourself, are you in training for anything at the moment?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wizlyn No i am not in training for a race, I stopped race running about 10 years ago and now only do walking, treking and skiing . You should think about making contact with your local running club which will probally do sunday morning training runs. They normaly have running groups of various standards. This would help you achieve running for say a 100 mins which you will need to do for a 1/2 marathon and is much easier in company.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Might stop me getting lost on my long runs too...! wink There are some good clubs round here, so I should do as you suggest. Thanks again for your advice.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What thread - I must admit I find it incredible anyone would compare the US v UK armed forces froma PT perspective. Over the years I have worked with both versions of Marines and often found the US to be lacking in stamina and core strenghts but the do have the numbers...

One stretching/training excercise when I was playing hockey was to get into a full lotus and run back and forth across the room on your knees - none of us that could manage it ever got groin tears - perhaps too small a sample - or that we looked like the Time Bandits team.

I havent been doing much excercise in the past few years - yesterday I found it hard work on the ice and by the time I got down my thighs were buring like hell, it did feel better doing more of the next run backwards....or just side slipping....and yes I am trying to find an instructor.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy