Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

edge angle for atomic GS race 10

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
would i be right in thinking that 87 degrees is the correct angle for these skis.. ??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
your right, 3 (87)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ta Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah 3 degrees is quite standard one, but it's not the one that really matters Wink Base edge angle matters a lot more then side. For side angle you won't really notice much difference between 2, 3 or even such extreme ones as 5 or 6 degrees. For base angle you will notice a whole lot difference between 0.3, 0.5 or 0.75 Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ok.. so if you are going to be on icy pistes what angles would you use?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
riverwhy, base1 edge 3, as primoz, says changing the base angle will change the way the ski engages, might make it to reactive.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
87/0.5 here on both my SL and GS skis (sometimes 1 base on gs).

and with consideration to the fact that in the 12-13 season with the >40M GS skis, we'll have to dig our edges in harder as we hybrid arc/slip turn the gates.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
riverwhy, some more on edge angles,quadwould, is I believe referring to racing, if your just your normal everyday skier then you would be fine with 1 which is what all Atomics are set at.

If you want to reduce your base angle to less than it's currently is then you will need to have the base ground.

If you want to double check the manufactures angles http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/content/view/31/41/ , also handy if you want to explore the site with a view to doing your own tuning.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
riverwhy wrote:
ok.. so if you are going to be on icy pistes what angles would you use?

Depends what icy pistes means to you Wink For normal publicly open slopes, even if they look "icy" for normal people 3 degrees is perfectly fine. For injected courses and everyday service of skis, things are a bit different, and then 4-6 degrees is something what you should use. There won't be all that much difference to feel, and 3 degree angle holds quite a bit longer then 6 degree.
For base... it all depends on your knowledge. For someone without (lots of) racing background, I wouldn't recommend to go lower then 0.75 degrees, but preferably 1 degree would be better option. For races, it's normally 0 or 0.3 degree for GS. My option for normal skiing is 0.5/3 for GS skis, and 0.3/5 for SL.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy