Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

whats the worst (or saddest) ski injury you or your friends have had?

Poster: A snowHead
I know, I love them! I've been skiing the shorter, 08/09 model for the past three seasons and have completely outgrown them.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1) A friend tore ligaments in his knee warming up for the ski school check-out (allocation to classes) on the first morning Sad

2) Our group leader, coming back to the hotel we had visited the year before, on getting off the bus walked over to greet the hotel owner - and promptly fell into the basement, breaking his leg before the holiday had started Sad Sad

Both in Hinterglemm.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not a super bad one but had a call from my brother back home in NZ this morning. Was skiing at Turoa a couple of days ago, fell over, rider behind couldn't stop in time. Face V steel edge. Face0, steel edge1. 25 stitches later and the ar5ehole didn't even hang around to check my bro was OK.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dot., ouch. Skullie Hope he recovers without too much scarring.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dot., ouch !!! Awful when no-one stops (they didn't for Jules either). Just thinking these spinal x-rays would make a good set of ski graphics. Do you think we could enough for a complete spine?

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pedantica, he is already ugly so the scar will improve him Toofy Grin

Hells Bells, x-rays....graphic.....hmmmmm now thats an idea Little Angel
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dot., Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidof wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:
cbowls30, a couple of seasons ago, on the first day of our two weeks New Year holiday, my husband broke his neck. Two hours skiing, almost three months off work, and major surgery on his spine.

Did he have a helmet?

Davidof, he was hit in the back by an out-of-control weekend skier, who got up again and skied off. He was skiing slowly towards the bottom of the Aya The impact probably caused the fracture rather than the fall (whiplash),(according to the SnowHeads medics). He wasn't wearing a helmet, and yes, we always do now.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dot., it's a longstanding snowHeads belief that "chicks dig scars." I'd say your brother's about to get lucky wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zero-G, They look hot - I have never heard of Icelantic?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
leedssteve, they've been around for a few years, I believe. Do a search on snowHeads, you'll find them mentioned in a few threads.

Manufacturer's site:www.icelanticboards.com
UK distributor's site: www.icelanticskis.co.uk. I think this chap is a snowHead, if I remember correctly.

While you're browsing skis, check these out too: www.whitedotfreeride.com. This chap is definitely a snowHead Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Did a couple of ribs on about the third 'warm-up' run on a Saturday afternoon boarding in la plagne. Took lots of booze n drugs and carried on. Was on a trip to Meribel earlier this season and one of the group who hadn't skiied for about 5 years did their ACL on the second run of the week...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When we were little (think I was 6), my sister didn't want to get out of bed on the first day of a holiday in Santa Caterina, so I grabbed her arm and tried to drag her out. She snatched it back, and crunched her thumb into the wall... The 'rents had to buy her bigger gloves to fit of the protective plastic cage thing the doc gave her to fit over her thumb lol.

Still the only bone I've ever broken (so far, touch wood, etc).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here's a great story on what can happen if you push yourself too hard!

http://www.yodelmagazine.com/too-much-confidence.html

Stay safe!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
YodelMagazine, Welcome to snowHeads That's one helluva first post Shocked Shocked Ouchy!
snow report
My father broke his ankle falling down the steps of the aircraft when we arrived in Switzerland.
snow report
Broken hip..............

...........flask.

Kept me off of the slopes for a couple of hours while I sourced a replacement. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
The 1st time I worked as a rep, we arrived in resort at lunch time, with the kids not due to ski until the next day. I spent the afternoon sorting out the rental kit, getting all the boots fitting nicely etc. Unbeknown to me, the party leader had gone off to check out the lift times/collect piste maps. He phoned from the hospital with a broken leg. The following morning all the lifts were shut due to high winds, so the kids were confined to the hotel while we waited for an update. One of the lads slipped over and broke his ankle.

Two in hospital before anyone had been skiing, and no lifts open! I should have quit then, as things got much worse as the week went on!
snow report
BCJohnny Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Stupidly took my skis off on icy black run helping a faller (sache in tignes) and slipped. Skidded 500 metres into and through the nets that save you from the gorge. Nets saved me ultimately but boot got caught. Complete tear of ACL, PCL and needed a postero-lateral corner reconstruction. Lots of grafs and screws. Been 1 year now and can just jog. Recovery has been good overall. Mixed messages on whether I can ski again but 2013 at best. Here is hoping! Had 2 knee ops in 2011 and had about 6 months on crutches with brace... Great fun!!
Still it feels better every day. Advice... No matter how good a skier you are keep them strapped on. I live with that moment of madness... And arrogance.... Every day!!!
snow conditions
I Broke my thumb, 1st run on the first day in Whistler at new year - had to go for an op in Vancouver and didn't ski at all! Was gutted as I'd been looking forward to it all year!

poo-poo happens!
ski holidays
This topic is really going to put people off skiing/boarding...that disc injury looks nasty!

I managed to break my wrist on the last run of a holiday in Alpe D'Huez. I was going really slowly and it was only a blue!

Still aches now at times, and I did it 17 years ago.
ski holidays
Do I win the competition?

Have had a few problems over the last couple of years rolling eyes

2010 season either the into the fourth of fifth week of our trip I skied off the cliff in the picture below, actually just went over it, and shut my eyes as I thought I was dead and was going to hit the rocks that are like a X - tore & bruised ligaments, lost one ski (found in the summer by a guide mate), mate with me skied the powder out on one ski whilst I hobbled down on his, till the long walk out - then was hobbling around the resort for another week and a bit, though did get out on the bike..........

http://youtube.com/v/EMq4aHTDUng

Then last season, helied off whilst ski touring well away from the resort two weeks into a five week trip, having done my ACL

http://youtube.com/v/0S794ulZzew

As they say, things happen in threes..............what's this year got in store Puzzled
latest report
Someone my OH knows fell and his ski pole went through him just below the shoulder I think it was - ouch!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 15-01-12 21:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Did my cocysx the first time I tried doing a rail (video evidence here:

http://youtube.com/v/gzBqus4SpT4&feature=plcp&context=C3079283UDOEgsToPDskLEEmIJhIxOGxg7qEMHA8eZ

I think it was the (lack of) speed that did it Smile

For the remainder of the week it just felt like I was going to pooh myself. Really uncomfortable and I ended up losing sensation in my fingertips and toes for about three weeks. Leaned a lesson - never buy a cheap woolly hat 'cos they look gash!!
ski holidays
Tore ankle day before college trip and we were using my car, spent the week in the bar. Broke ribs another time and convinced the hospital to release me, back in four days later for more xrays less than an hour later I'm in a hospital room and a Dr is slamming a tube in my chest. Seemed I was bleeding internally, heart was collapsing, and I was close to dying 3 more days in the hospital.

Last day of the season came around a corner and was headed for a brown spot lept into the air and came down in the middle of said brown spot, muddy and sore I skiied the rest of the way down to where everyone was partying and told the patrol I thought I broke my thumb laughing they asked if it bent well it did but an xray later broken thumb.

Isn't skiing the greatest.
snow report
On my first trip i slipped and fell carry my skis the day before the first days skiing cutting my forehead and upper lip open.

and two years ago fell and broke my right proximal humerus skiing the three valleys

shoulder - Copy

xray2
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy