Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CASI Courses in Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone done any CASI courses, some info and advice would be great, I'm considering doing one myself. Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey Boarder,

What sort of info & advice would you like? I'd be more than happy to help.

Cheers,

Nick
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try here:

http://canadianrockiesacademy.com/

Not done it, but been around them. Jasper is a reasonably proper town too, bit quiet, but reasonable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BCjohnny, Thanks, snowskool, I've read all sorts and various different sites from different companies but never had the chance to speak to someone thats actually done it and received an honest opinion.

The type of questions really i suppose are:

Is it worth the money travelling to Canada?

Is it better than the BASI?

What is the reasonable level of standard required (an honest view)?

Prospects of Jobs at the end? Pay?

What sort of recognition does it hold in europe?

I appreciate most of these could be answered through google, but with very different responses. I was just hoping to chat to someone that had been through it, to give some honest advice. I'm 32 years old, have 7 years left in the army, I'm a keen snowboarder, comfortable on black runs. I am looking for a career at 40 when i finish and wondering if its worth pursuing or just wasting my time.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't answer most of your questions, but a couple of points.

It's always worth travelling to Canada, IMO.

Also if you do a course out there you run into the possibility of sponsorship, which could eventually lead to emigration, if you're of a mind to. The job prospects in Alberta outside of instructing (you might get pretty fed up with that, and it's only seasonal, at best) are quite massive, much better than over here. A plough driver I spoke to was making 90 bucks an hour, a guy driving a dump truck in a mine just over half that. And that's without mentioning the oilfields. I've met lots of ex-pats out there, from former holiday reps to builders, and none would consider coming back.

If I was ten years younger (about the age you leave the army), I'd probably give it a go. The only thing that would make me think twice would be could I handle the winters? Six months or more of freezing your ar$e off I imagine could wear a bit thin.

Edit:sp
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BCjohnny, Some good info, thanks, all info is welcome.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy