Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to ski and snowboard or The good skiing guide ???

brian
brian
PG, I think the Swiss maps are 1:100000 although you can only get a frustratingly small area displayed at a time.

Really nice would be something like multimap in the UK which actually gets you the OS 1:50000, eg.

multimap
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My Where to Ski book is so well thumbed it's fallen apart (something I pointed out in their last satisfaction questionnaire!). I find it really useful for comparing the various resorts...I particularly like the quick what's good/what's bad section at the start of each resort page....mind you I sometimes disagree as some of the things they put as bad are things I like about resorts! I've actually submitted a report this year...it'll be interesting to see if a) I get a free copy as a result and b) if I get a quote....you guys get the same info if you just click on the resort reports here on SnowHeads and it won't cost you a bean Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow a record page stretching long URL. Can a passing mod do the necessary, please
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, I wondered if www.ign.fr did them, but no such luck on line, CDs only.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
kuwait_ian, never mind the width, feel the quality Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
T Bar said
Quote:
Adam Ruck was about the only ski journalist who could craft a sentence that makes one want to read it whatever the information.

Yes, Adam had a huge input on early editions of the Good Skiing Guide, and I think he came up with all the witty resort headings. I agree - he's a great writer.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
WSS has always done good for us. It is usually esp spot on with it's restaurant comments. Their comments sent me to the Hotel Alliey in Monetier-les-BAins one year. It was fully booked, but I brought hubby back to stay for a holiday the next Winter. We loved the village so much, we're buying an apartment (but I dont' suppose you need to know that one!!!)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just one more question, on my 2003 copy of the Good skiing Guide (only one i've got) there is an emblem of the Ski Club of Britain. Does that mean that the good skiing guide is endorsed by Ski Club of Great Britain then??
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You are always going to find things in these books that you personally don't agree with. For example, I find it strange in WTSS that Snowmass (3010 acres) gets 4 stars for "extent", yet Mammoth Mountain (3500 acres) gets only 3 stars for "extent".

But everyone has different opinions about resorts, often coloured by the weather, snow conditions and service that they received on their particular visit. What you get with these guides is basically the authors' viewpoint, mitigated at times by a broader range of readers' reports.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Passing Mod has edited brian's, post to make a better fitting page wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy