Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dynafit tlt 5, tight across the top!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bought some dunafit tlt 5 mountain tf in a 28.5. amazing boot, so light it is untrue. cant wait to try climbing in them, they seem just perfect for ski in, climb up, ski out alpineroutes.

but... Didnt try them on as too good a deal to miss from telemark pyrennes and can easily flog em on so a question to any bootfitters.... (pros or otherwise)

When I tried them on with no footbeds at all, just the liner, they felt a little big for length, but tight across the top of the foot i.e. low volume.. (I have garmont mega rides in a 27.5 with custom footbeds, so may have got a little long, but shell is the same for 28 and 28.5 in the dynafits)

I know they are a low volume boot but 'should' the liner being thermoformed and some custom footbeds make em fit, i.e. pack out the length a bit?

and does it sound like will they need to be punched out a little to increase volume in the foot., or will the liner pack in there anyway.

am going to backcoutnry uk to see as well as work in leeds.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a similar thing with my Scarpa S4's. They've an odd shaped last and a lot of curve under the arch. Solved it with a gel insole (cheap unprofiled ones from lidl) under the foot ball so that buckles clamp more evenly across the upper foot.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laughing but I did spend an hour in them before I spent cash. I guess SMALLZOOKEEPER's rolling eyes might be directed at post mail order boot distress syndrome rather than my shoving a bit of lidl gel under the ball of my foot. If anything, in the shop, mine seemed a wee bit short in length but the arch/bridge discomfort didn't manifest until later. Neither was it apparent initially from hiking or skinning but became obvious only when sitting on chairlifts. wink rolling eyes wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ha ha yes, from earlier replies i figured small zookeeper would be miffed, and understandably so...

however, they were 320 quid posted, as opposed to 500 odd quid and in terms of superlight touring/climbing boots you are really limited to these and the tlt 5 performance so if they dont fit my feet then there is no other real choice anyway (under 1000 euro!)

I am not going to be using them for anything but ski access climbing routes, so I dont need them to be precise on the down really (level of vallee blanche/ top of the grand montets to argentiere glacier type stuff). anything harder I would wear my garmont mega rides (fitted in errrm what was footworks in cham by an irish dude so i know they are right!)

sooo, mr zookeeper, with the obvious caveats attached, do you reckon they could mould into something suitable enough for a days comfy climbing with a ski out?

or should i be putting them straight in the for sale forum! Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
smithaldo, Absolutely, and as for an Irish guy at Footworks, sounds fishy albeit they did completely refresh their staff after we all left 2 years ago.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought the garmonts in march 2008, the irish dude said he had climbed madness tres mince if that helps identify him!

Also one of the main dudes had his foot in a cast I seem to remember. tall guy with shaven head if I recall correctly

oooh and was it 'absolutley' to straight to the for sale forum, or absolutley to 'go to a proper bootfitter and see if they fit'

am out in cham from 1st jan, could I pop into you guys at sole for a fitting? would be willing to pay extra cash and part ex them for something similar if I needed to as well.

Cheers
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
smithaldo, No worries, swing by and we'll sort something out, 2008 was our last Winter, no Irishmen to be seen then, French and English ONLY
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

When people buy AT boots like these for more climbing than skiing performance what do you recommend in terms of toe fit mr zookeeper? more room at the front than usual to accommodate frontpointing, rather than a closer skiing fit, or dont worry about it?

Went to snow and rock to do a shell test (as when did it at home there seemed alot of room) and there is 20-25mm between shell and heel, but they reckon you need a load of room if you are frontpointing, but I am not sure about this because my garmonts dont have much room at the front and were fine on stuff like the gabarrou albonini.

When I had on just the liners with my heel at the back there is a thumbs width of room when you press down at the front of the liner, which seems excessive even for climbing boots. christ my ice climbing boots dont have anywhere near that amount of room thinking about it!

I might just get the 27-27.5 boots as well as this seems alot of room to me. My toes do seem to have alot of room both volume and length wise in the 28-28.5 so am a little confused.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've got the TLT 5 Performance in a 28.5

Felt very tight to start, but with footbeds and a couple of days skiing it sorted itself out.

Best boots I've ever had and I have and will be using them for everything in and out of bounds.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the liners in the dynafits all start very tight and firm but they pack down really well with a few days of use, sounds like the 27.5 shell will be better, but as always without seeing the foot in the shell impossible to tell for sure
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy