Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

duke alternative binding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
looking around and found these just wondered if anyone has tried them or seen them? they look pretty cool alternatives. http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/preview-mfd-alltime-at-binding

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 31-07-11 15:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quite a bit of info here:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/206632-MFD-All-time-Touring-bindings-Any-Beta
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
altis, thanks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pretty exspensive Shocked $300
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saw them at ISPO. was impressed. I'll be using them this season if I can get some.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Unless I'm missing something, these 21st century trekkers allow you to continue to use regular (heavy) alpine boots, still brazenly add more metal weight to (already heavier than touring design) regular bindings for the uphill and their unique selling point is that you can't pop them in your pack alongside your shovel when you de-skin ready for the down. Puzzled

I don't think Fritschi, Dynafit et al will be quaking in their touring boots. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I don't think Fritschi, Dynafit et al will be quaking in their touring boots.

Not really competing against them though, it's up against the Baron/Duke.

My problems with the Baron are the weight and forward pivot point. I don't find the stack height that big an issue tbh. So with more weight and a similarly forward pivot... I'll be sticking with my Barons for now.

I do like that they plate/binding can be moved across to different skis, but with inserts you can do that with any other binding now too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999 wrote:
Not really competing against them though, it's up against the Baron/Duke.

So you agree they're not a "trekker alternative binding" then. wink

Since you'd need a remount or be be mounting them on new skis anyway if you were thinking of investing in these (i.e. it's no longer that casual decision you'd make for trekkers), I don't suppose the beefier Alpine-Touring hybrids will be challenged too much either.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh, yeah... Embarassed
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
moffatross, fixed it Embarassed
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I feel ashamed at all the Embarassed'ies I've caused now. Embarassed Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy