Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Apps - Android

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two questions
1. What are the best skiing Apps for an android phone, free or paid for.
2. Does its cost to use GPS on your android phone, don't fancythe 3G costs.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
These aren't really ski specific but I've used both quite a bit for skiing, biking and hiking.

google mytacks for recording where you've been. Will need data connection

"backcountry navigator" is good for again recording where you've been and for downloading backcountry routes. Either use data connection (3G) or can download maps in advance, say at home to save 3G cost.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
waynos, Mytracks looks interesting, had a look at the three valley's app that looks quite good
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
radar,

Disable"Use Wireless networks" in your Locations settings to ensure there is no data transfer. It would use little anyway but that is the way to ensure it stays at zero.
Also ensure "Mobile network" is checked of in "Wireless & Networks" settings.

The only impact is that the GPS might take a bit longer to get a lock on.

I have 2 apps that cover skiing: MyTracks and Endomondo. None of them used in anger for skiing yet.

For use abroad My Tracks should be better. I think you could do your day without data being required then once within wifi reach get the maps to line up with your GPS record.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was using Sports tracker (http://www.sports-tracker.com) before on Nokia, and now it's also available for Android (and iPhone). For me it's by far best application for tracking, especially when considering also their web based "diary". And on top of that, it's free Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
radar, thanks guys, how about any mapping or information sites have downloaded the 3 valleys one, my wife likes it as it shows the toilets Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
primoz,

I used to use sports tracker as well, And I did try that one for actual skiing and it worked well.
I didn't know it had made it to Android, i'll have to to try now.. Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anyone tried Maprika?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kruisler, it has been out only for few weeks now. ST was last thing I needed to make final switch to Android phone from Nokia Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy