Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming race night week - crazy busy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are looking at booking a week in Schladming in Jan. Between work diaries, eu school holidays and the like, the week of the 21st jan is looking the best for us. However, we've just realised that this is the week of the night race and while we'd like to see it, we aren't that bothered if it means the place will be packed out all week.

Can anyone comment on how busy the week as a whole is? Would be arriving the Saturday (21st) and the race is the Tuesday (24th). Does it die down the next day?

Accommodation not an issue.

Thanks in advance!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
trundlebunny, it's only on the race night that it's really busy.
Many fans cone in just for the day on special trains and coaches.
I'd say book the week as the race is really special atmosphere.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
waynos, Thanks for that, really helpful. Think we might go for it and we can always head over to one of the other local areas if it's looking very busy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
trundlebunny, the slopes probably won't be that busy. everyone is too busy drinking.
Though of course there's plenty of great other skiing near by to try. just beware theroad traffic on
Race day afternoon can be manic. but having said that there are major
Road improvements on going at the moment. the roadworks normally wake me
Up 6.30 each morning! The night race slope currently has a 40 foot hole at the bottom
Of it.a new underground car park.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
trundlebunny, I think we already have some snowHead 's in that week and will certinaly be going to the race... let us know nearer the time and we could meet... if you fancy explorer some of the other areas feel free to give us a shout!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For building site geeks, lots of pics of the works on the Planai surface deck project (the bottom of the night race piste)
http://bautagebuch.planai.at/

Just one of many construction projects going on in town at the moment.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flangesax, Sounds good - will be in touch!

Thanks guys
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy