Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Les Cimes Blanches Apartments La Ros?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are planning our Jan 2012 trip and I am liking the look of these apartments. I am fairly new to the slopes and have only ever been to Les Arcs 1950 (4 times!). My partner is a very experienced skier but she is happy to ski with me. I am keen to progress and managed a few of the more difficult reds at 1950 last year including Aguille Rouge (with a couple of tumbles!) . How will La Ros compare do you think? We like the accomadation and food etc to to be good as well as the skiing.
Any other quietish resort reccomendations for a (still loved up) couple of more mature years!
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
krisw123, a few have been and all been universal in their praise. I am sure the resort will suit, can get a bit windy at times. Myself and all we have taken are big fans of the resort.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
krisw123, our friends have a place at Cimes Blanches (Les Eucherts area). We were very impressed with the facilities and location. Quiet area, yet short walk into La Rosiere.

La Ros didn't do it for us though. We aren't exactly mileage hungry skiers but got a bit bored with the skiing on that side preferring to make the trip over to La Thuile most days.

I can't comment/compare with Les Arcs though - our first trip there in April was plagued by injury, poor snow and a helicopter evacuation! That said, we could see the potential had the conditions been 'normal' and have booked to go back this season Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
krisw123 wrote:
How will La Ros compare do you think?

krisw123, welcome to snowheads. I have been to La Ros many times, and les Arcs a few daytrips. La Ros is smaller - in the size of the area, but also in the attitudes - it's a bit of a backwater. I venture to suggest that the atmosphere and the pace there would suit you better than les Arcs, but the skiing will suit your partner less well (although like anywhere there is great fun to be had, and you could get plenty of suggestions). My experience of les Arcs with a slightly nervous skier was that there was an excess of overconfident youth, so in comparison you might find La Ros a little more calm. However we were very much on the beaten track in les Arcs and it was not something that bothered me directly, only by association.

You are ready to try something different, though, and la Ros is good in a different way, so I would definitely say go for it.

DJ
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have stayed at LCB and really enjoyed it. It was our first stay in an MGM complex and it was a very pleasant change from previous experiences. Situation was ok as a little out of main village but it was a true ski in ski out location and getting over to main village for lessons or to meet guide was fine for all but beginers. We found sking ok but it was a bit of a pain that on most days high winds caused link to La Thuile to be closed. We have since stayed in Les Arcs 1950 where accomodation is of a very similar standard but where obviously the skiing is more extensive.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone for the replies. On the strength of those and some other reccomendations we have now booked Les Cimes Blanche for a week at the end of Jan 12. Got a good deal through Erna Low and flights from Southampton which is always something we prefer living near Winchester. Sounds like we will need to keep fingers crossed for winds. Otherwise sounds just what we are looking for.
Cheers. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed in les cimes blanches appartments a few years ago. The apartments were lovely and the swimming pool/spa area was fantastic after a day on the slopes. The apartments are very well situated for the piste and we never encountered queues for the Les Eucharts lift. We liked the Les Eucharts area as it was peaceful, hardly any road traffic. There is a pleasant walk through the woods to the main part of La Rosiere if you want more choice of restaurants for evening meals.

The skiing in la Rosiere includes two very wide blues and some not too difficult reds in the area near the fort. There are a couple of more challenging reds lower down of which la fontaine froide was my favourite. We stayed in la rosiere in New Year week and it was very cold sitting on some of the lifts as it is quite a windy resort and the lifts are quite slow and not covered. The San Bernando area between La Rosiere and La Thuile has some more challenging runs. The runs from the top of the link towards la thuile are very gentle.

I think it is hard to compare la rosiere to les arcs as the resorts are so different. Les Arcs is much larger and has more variety of runs and more wooded sections. La Rosiere is a lot quieter and we enjoyed being able to ski from France to Italy and back. La Thuile seems to do very well for snow cover and we were lucky to have plenty of fresh snow when we went.

Hope you have a good time in La Rosiere/la Thuile!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks snowymum. Sounds excellent. Cant wait! What were the eating/ drinking facilities like in Les Eucherts? Or do you need to go into La Ros really?
Cheers.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy