Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Farandole, Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any stayed in the Farandole in L2a? Have asked the resorts residents and got their feedback, but would appreciate feeedback from anyone who's actually stayed there...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
is that a no then? No-one? DOesn;t bode too well...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt, I don't think it bodes anything really. A lot of snowHeads, if they go to LDA, stay at the Lutins because the PSB was there for years and people liked it and went back, or recommended it to other snowHeads who were thinking of going there. I don't think it means anywhere else is rubbish, just that not many people have stayed elsewhere .....

But I have bumped this for you so good luck!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nbt, recent reviews are pretty good, suppose it all depends on what you are paying. Sometimes you can message the reviewers for specific questions.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g196707-d314344-Reviews-Hotel_La_Farandole-Les_Deux_Alpes_Isere_Rhone_Alpes.html

realised the link would be helpful rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, that's one we do (see http://crys.tl/r2ljBk). Don't know it myself but will get you some insider info from our Product Manager, hopefully tomorrow.

**Blatant plug alert**
We do our Ski + package on this hotel which includes lift pass & ski hire/carriage and have 2 for 1 lift passes on at the moment.
(Correction: not 2 for 1 lift passes, buy one get one half price lift passes. Damn!)

Looks like prices start from around £650 pp for 7 nights depending on airport choice and dates

Hope that's helpful.

Cheers
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Jarvis, thanks, that would be appreciated. any chance of a discount after the cockup with flights lost us a day's skiing on our last trip with Crystal?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt wrote:
David Jarvis, thanks, that would be appreciated. any chance of a discount after the cockup with flights lost us a day's skiing on our last trip with Crystal?

Very Happy Not sure it would be good tactics to offer discounts to people openly on Snowheads - I am sure my PM box would be overflowing before long... However I am sure compared to other operators we will do a very good deal!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nbt, here's the update as promised from our Product Manager Richard:

"Hotel Farandole is a good hotel in a great location. Without wishing to sound like a salesman - the key sales points for me are: really close to town centre, 3-4 minutes walk to the Diable lift (red eggs), indoor pool and good food. Also a few years ago I was a rep in the area, it was an easy property to rep because customers always seemed to be happy."

Hope this is useful and let me know if we can do anything more for you.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Jarvis, thanks for the reply and the info Smile

Shimmy Alcott, maggi, thanks too Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt, I was holding off as although the name is familiar I couldn't place the hotel. Obviously I haven't stayed there but given David Jarvis' reply I think I know of it. It should be a a pretty good location: near the Diable lift which is as good as any for getting up the hill, many ski schools meet at the bottom of the easy blue running down from it. Moreover, it's close to many bars and restaurants while being far enough away not to suffer from noise.

The only issue is getting back after skiing you'll either have to ski one of the blacks Diable or Y (names may have changed) or download in the red eggs but in L2A this is pretty much true of wherever you stay (ski a black or download). Personally it's not an issue but I know some people prefer to ski down.

I know quite a few people who have stayed in Crystal properties and have heard very few complaints and certainly none about this one. Most were staff issues and as you know that can be true of anywhere at any time and changes season to season.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi wrote:
nbt, I don't think it bodes anything really. A lot of snowHeads, if they go to LDA, stay at the Lutins because the PSB was there for years and people liked it and went back, or recommended it to other snowHeads who were thinking of going there. ...

And because Cathy is a gem.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi David, I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't see how to select more than 9 adults on your website when doing a ski holiday search
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elmer wrote:
Hi David, I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't see how to select more than 9 adults on your website when doing a ski holiday search

Hi Elmer,

No you're not doing something wrong, we don't book parties larger than 9 online.
For that you need to call our Groups team. (see Contact us page here:http://www.crystalski.co.uk/contact-us/)

Alternatively you can fill in the form on this page and they will come back to you straight away:
http://www.crystalski.co.uk/group-ski-holidays/enquiry-form/

We've got dedicated people on this who will help you organise your group, collect the monies and so on to try to take some of the hassle out of it for you...

Hope this helps

Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy