Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick boot comparison Old Salomon Performa Equipe 9.0 v Salomon Falcon Cs pro

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondered if someone would be able to do a comparison between these boots

My old salomon equipe 9's got the last of my stock of liners for them at the end of last season, and as they are about 12 years old, maybe i should look for something else at some point. They are also really very very tight, which is good but my feet do go a bit numb by the end of the day, even with a bashed out toe box as far as it would go. I have a footbed etc. I am sure cold numb feet are not that good for skiing really?

They are a 24.5, and i know the boot has a rather large volume, how would a size 25 falcon cs pro compare? I tried a size 25.0 equipe 9.0 a few years ago in a shop that was selling them off and it was huge, but then tried a 24.5 in a more modern salomon (x wave? but not sure, it had hexagonal cutouts in the side of the shell) and it was that tight it was agony in 2 minutes, then i had problems getting it off! they didn't have anything else to suit so wouldn't sell me anything.

so if a friendly bootperson can compare the two, equipe 9 in a 24.5 to a cs pro in 25.0 i would be grateful? i.e volume, length etc
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carroz,

As I'm sure most that come along will tell you- you will probably be much better off going along "with your cup empty" to a good bootfitter, i.e. with no preferences on make or too limited a budget, let them take you through the process and be willing to try on everything.

Also it's best not to judge boots by the size you think you should be vs the sticky label on the back, mondo sizing varies at certain Uk sizes from different manufacturers, one good reason for doing a shell check. Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carroz, i went to a shop with a idea of what boots i wanted having already used one brand for a couple of pairs thinking I could just update to the latest pair and found they just didnt fit but i did come away with a pair that did and to be honest suit my needs better.Good boot fitter= happy ski daysgatecrasher, said it all.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
completely different beast in terms of shape, volume, forward lean etc etc etc it really is impossible to comment as to what will work without seeing the feet and looking at the whole picture, you may well need a 25 but on the other hand the salomons from the past few years (the ones you tried were an earlier generation) come up pretty big to size so the 24.5 may be better

who knows???

you could of course try that other approach of red ones are faster wink

the CS pro is an old model as well, it is now (i am assuming you are talking about what was the falcon boot) is now either X3 cs 100, 120 or 130, if it is the right boot i do have the 100 flex in both sizes at a bit of a deal wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would highly recommend going to a good boot fitter as others have mentioned on this thread. Go with an open mind and no specific boot in mind. Beans in Bicester (Oxon) are brilliant at boot fitting and take time and care to ensure you get the best boot for your ability, skiing style and comfort. I spent four hours wandering around the shop in various boots and ended up settling on Atomic Hawx 110s. Felt like gloves on my feet and have given me many hours of happy and comfortable skiing. I'd start with your 24.5s and try 25s if they are coming up too tight or uncomfortable.

That or try thicker socks with the 25s wink

Hope this helps and gets you to the boots that will make your skiing enjoyable

Cheers
D

P.S. My partner also has Atomic Hawx but she went for 90s, which were top flex at the time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy