Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to stop edges rusting

Poster: A snowHead
Masque, with the price of my skis last year I've arranged to have them looked after by heavily armed Swiss guards stored in a specially constructed and secure room Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
D G Orf, you'd hire Varangian marauders to guard a harem. Swiss guards fer cryin out loud.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 1-08-05 23:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you use a teflon wipe each night then that inhibits rusting as well as making your wax last a little longer. Fairly cheap too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As as said on a prev posting - as regards storing skis under bed - that space is full of guns and bows and swords hehehe
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, well the skis are in Switzerland, so Swiss guards are easier to get and more honest than others I could use Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarpa,

What is a teflon wipe and where do I get them?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And how do I stop things lusting?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, ah so, Rotus Brossom - you've been at the Japanese Linguaphone tapes again. Confused
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.zardoznotwax.com/

Zardoz notwax (although you can get sachets of liquid wax impregnated wipes) was tested by myself on the last EOSB. It really did seem to work, I used the pad to give my skis a wipe at the end of each day. Pretty cheap anyhow and a damn good moisture repellant. http://shop.store.yahoo.com/snowshack/zardoz-notwax.html has a description also.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
beanie1, I've been using the Zardoz wipes on my skis at Xscape to help protect from the additional wearing affect of the artificial snow & the poma mat. Seems to work very well. I'll bring one with me on Mon for you try & it will help protect those new planks.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you're buying Zardoz off Ebay, be sure it is the RUSTBLOCK formula. The early stuff has no water-displacement properties at all.

If you store your skis as ise does, bases up, try putting the Zardoz on the night before and having it soak into the LF overnight.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon,

That would be great, thank you!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spyderjon,

Thanks for the wipe - I used it on my skis last night and no rust at all! Where do you get them from?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
beanie1, Call Ronnie @ Kandie Imports on 01324 861 296. I also use them on my bases, on top of the wax.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Put those silica gel sacks in your ski bag, failing that get some packs of those washing powder tablets, prick a couple of holes in the packet and chuck them in the bag - any moisture will be soaked up by the tablets.

Cheers

BB
ski holidays
bucking bronco, don't leave your skis in a bag!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy