Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing on a dutch treadmill...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Edit: on second thought best to leave this one alone! I am on an iPod and have only just read page 2

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 26-07-11 20:04; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take cover! Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elston, It's ok nobody saw a thing!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevindonkleywood wrote:
Ronald, If there was never any difference of views this would be a very very dull forum Smile

As I said in some of my earlier posts its a tool to be used and one which i will be happy to try.

You were good enough to post your videos, explain the system, invite feedback and take the feedback in the constructive fashion in which it was intended.

The 'rowdy behaviour' from the 3 of us is (on my part) simply because I have nothing better to do (with my life).

I found that quite interesting Smile

Do give it a go if you get the chance (But I only started to get a benefit after a few lessons, the first few may well get 'lost' in getting used to the (well observed) different interaction with the surface.) For me it does transfer back onto snow quite well Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ronald, Only one thing to do, time to arrange a snowHead 's outing Very Happy but do remember to make sure there is security on site for the fighting in the bar afterwards Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Entertaining stuff. I'm off now to read the famous ITL thread.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just reawakening this thread to say that I have now tried the ski treadmill, and survived! After watching Ronald for many sessions I must admit that it is much more difficult that it looks.

+ Potentially great for fitness, when did you last ski for 10 mins non-stop? No pausing on the piste to wait for somebody or take a photo, no lifts.

+ Great for exposing weak technique

+ Great for feedback, big mirror in front of you, teacher right by you all the time

-
Very unforgiving and sensitive (this could be a + I suppose, it seems to exaggerate and expose what you are doing wrong on snow)

- Difficult to get started on, I think it’s fine if you already can ski, and can see this as a challenge, but if I was starting off having never skied before I’m not sure this would make me want to get out there for real, it might just turn me off.

-
Very odd to start with, I am used to “safety” being a big snow-plough which brings you to a firm stop. Do that on here and you go off the back of the machine (twice…) Here safety is the metal grab bar at the front. To get to it you have to put your skiis flat, lean forwards and basically schuss down the fall line. This is totally against my instinct, hence the initial trips off the back…

There is a video but you’ll have to pay me to see it, it’s so embarassing/revealing of errors... Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy