Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1950 - anyone been to La Village? Skiing??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
cheers, dav. will prob go into Tignes just to go and see it, then maybe go there the year after next
thanks again
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jon Ford,
Although the prospect of Tignes is always exciting, I wouldn't be too surprised if you don't make it. You'll not discover everything Paradiski has to offer in 6 days - in fact, as a 30+week veteran of Les Arcs, I'm still finding new stuff to do every time I visit.
So if the bus if full, or you oversleep, don't be disappointed: look to having saved 25 quid, and enjoy more mountain than you could possibly need, right on your doorstep.

And besides: if you're planning on Tignes / Val next, you don't want to spoil anticipation!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
arctic - true! everyone said Les Arcs has loads to offer - much more than our previous weeks of Bulgaria and Passo (I think Pamporovo had literally 8 runs, which is crazy when you compare it to the bigger resorts (although it was great for learning on)
Will see how we get on in the week - deff want to go La Plagne (for the tree-lined runs), but like you said, if you have to pay 25euros for the bus, then may be better spending that on one pint in a local bar!!
thanks again - cant wait
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for this thread! just lusting after Les Arcs 1950 and seem to have found an amazing deal for January 14th - £848 inc crossing for family of 4. via Erna Low. lift passes will add another £750 (family pass) and ski hire around £350 (booking early) Does anyone know what is the best ski-hire place in 1950?

Rob I looked at your apartement and it looks amazing, but is the resort as 'pretty' as 1950? Lights on trees etc

Husband and I went to La Plagne - Montchavin about 7 years ago, and skied over to Les Arcs and saw 1950 and always fancied it, loved the 'American style' of pedetrianised resort. Will be eating in mainly, so hopefully can avoid the pricey restaurants.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Crunchie13, welcome to snowHead

the ski hire shops in 1950 are all much of a muchness, the really expensive ones are no longer with us: and whilst last year I would have said avoid 'Concept' because of the queues, it was certainly better this past season.

The usual on line discount sites (snowrental.net or twinner) both have representatives in the village, and do good deals.

But for some reason the shops can't offer you prices to match when you are there - I've even been sat in the shop, with the laptop on the wifi , showing them the online price, and said "I want you to have the profit margin, make me an offer 5 € more than this and I'll buy from you". "Sorry no can do." OK, I said, and pressed the 'commit' button. Which they then honoured. Odd huh?

Mind you, the option that most owners take when advising friends is to use Sylvain up in 2000 - his shop is called Equilbres, http://www.equilibres-arc2000.fr/ The cabriolet makes it an easy trip: and if you take a rucksack for your day shoes, you can even ski back after you've got the kit (just don't forget to take them with you when you return your boots ...)

Give him a call, and say you've been recommended, you'll get an even better deal!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy