Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advanced (non-instructing) Course - Summer 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - newbie here so be nice!

I'm in the luxurious position of having one more year of studying from September 'till May/June ish next year, and then I have a job starting in September 2012, at which time I will exchange my soul and all my spare time for a suit and a salary (to fund ski trips, naturally).

So, the obvious thing to do with that one last little window of freedom is to have a massive blow-out on a trip of a lifetime. I want to rent out my room in London for the small athletics competition that is happening, take out a loan, and go skiing hard in New Zealand (or maybe Chile - thoughts on that debate welcome too).

My skiing background is that I've already done a French season as a Chalet Host so can get up and down most stuff, and am pretty familiar with how the traditional season works. But the biggest thing I don't want from this trip is to be tied into a job - I want to be someone's client or guest, rather than spending my valuable last free time having to work for other people's pleasure. Not that I'm selfish or 'owt, but I'd rather do a sort of mini-season where I get looked after!

So I'm assuming that there will be some kind of course out there to suit me, but I'm struggling to find it. I don't want to be an instructor - I've spent enough time teaching watersports over the last few summers to not want to spend weeks on the baby slopes being taught how to teach people to snowplough. I want an all-round advanced skiing course: learning how not to break myself when I spin round, how to not hit rocks when I go off piste and how to not get beaten by small girls when I'm on the piste.

There seem to be some awesome ones in Banff and 3 Valleys, for example, but there appears to be very little snow there in August...

Does anyone have any suggestions, similar experience, ideas or contacts?

Sweet, cheers!

skeeza
x
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perhaps talk to Phil Smith's company Snoworks he skis the Volcanoes in Chile etc.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy