Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker 3.1 Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just bought a pair of nordica T6.1 LE 150 cm skis and they came with Marker 3.1 Bindings and as common sense thing to do i asked a place after i bought the ski about the binding cause the bindings aren't being made anymore. The guy told me that they were junior size and they are to small for me and i might weight to much for them but i'm thinkin no way these bindings are to small for me there huge. i also noticed though that there are 2 types of 3.1 bindings one is a junior and one is an adult so please help me figure out what type bindings these things are because winter is comin fast and i want to ski

i weight 155 pounds and i wear a 30.5 mondo size boot translation US Mens size 12 i posted a few pics of the bindings maybe they will help you answer the question

oh also the DIN goes to 9

my ski bindings
my ski bindings
my ski bindings
my ski bindings

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 12-07-11 18:39; edited 5 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Size 30.0 mondo & 150 pounds? You got some big flippers and / or need to eat something.

What's the DIN range on the binding? Looks like it goes to an 8?

Size has nothing to do with it. You are light so it might not be an issue BUT they aren't great bindings. Hopefully someone who knows that binding may chip in...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The DIN range goes to 9 and i wear a size 12 in regular boot size translation i read a chart and it said a size 12 is 30 mondo so thats what i put down
oh also i'm only 14 and so thats why i only weigh 155
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Nordica 6.1 was apparently sold as a junior ski suitable for good intermediates /early advanced http://www.sportsgearguide.com/scripts2005/Skimoreinfo.asp?ID=1094&Brand=Nordica&Name=SUV_6.1_XBS
so your shop may be partly right.

However, Junior bindings usually only go up to 7. Assuming that the skis suit your ability (say type 3) and reasonable assumptions on height and sole length your recommended setting is about 7 so the M3.1 bindings which go up to 9 should be OK - for a couple of years at least. http://www.dinsetting.com/

But, you probably know all that from the other fora you posted on! Safety in numbers, I approve.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 13-07-11 16:04; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i have a Nordica T6.1 LE they are 150cm so i know the skis arent junior i'm talking about the bindings
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sorry u are talkin about the ski im talkin about the binding
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skijunky96 wrote:
i have a Nordica T6.1 LE they are 150cm so i know the skis arent junior i'm talking about the bindings

Surely a 150cm ski MUST be a kids ski?

skijunky96 wrote:
sorry u are talkin about the ski im talkin about the binding

Read all of the words and try again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i got a proffesional opinion about the skis and they are not juniors. I'm 5'11 and last time i used rentals they gave me 145cm i didnt like the length so i got a 150cm ski and there a perfect size
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skijunky96, there were a good number of variations of this binding including a jnr version, an adult version & a jnr/adult cross-over binding which was made for adult size boot lugs & then had adaptors for the thinner lugged jnr boot. The toe pictured looks like it's for an adult thickness boot lug. It's a low end binding & it wouldn't surprise me if it's manual when new said it had something like a 75/80kg user limit. Unless you're a beginner I'd never spec this binding for your height/boot length due to the leverage applied.

And, unless you're a beginner, the 150cm T6.1 skis are too short/soft for your height/weight.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
welll i kind of in the medium skill level but i can go down a black dimond without problems
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy